• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
fisherdude

steelhead

fisherdude

iv gone out and checked out a couple rivers the last few days and wow is there ever a difference every day. took a few casts/drifts on a few today but no fish...anyone else bin out? if so howd you do? iv bin itchin to see running water and some nice chrome :D

Master Baiter

Well me and my bud went out today and all I caught was a Canadian tire bag stick fish.... :D and I almost got a kayaker!!!

Other than that theres still some ice on the local rivers, so be careful and watch for floating chunks of it .

post-25-1208647274_thumb.jpg

post-25-1208647309_thumb.jpg

post-25-1208647353_thumb.jpg

If your not a Master Baiter, you'll never pull the big one!!

th_logo_teamnosa.jpg th_NSSAlogo.gif

crisop

those kayakers put up a good fight, you have to make sure you set the hook good mike

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

TArmstrong

jon, running the salmon rods with 25lb big game oughta sort them out.

those kayakers put up a good fight, you have to make sure you set the hook good mike

www.tomarmstrongoutdoors.com

CaddisMan

went south today.....too cold for my breathable waders.....very very soon though.....the rain is warming things up quickly.

Guest Jamie

Went out last night near Wawa, Ontario and caught 4 but all on the small side. I think it should be in full swing for next weekend.

Guest TerryK

Been flogging it hard but it's almost pointless with all the water we have now. Most rivers are high and dirty. A few fish scattered around the area but we need the water to level off and warm up. Temps this morning in 3 rivers were between 34 to 36F.....brrrrrr!!

Trust me, it's cold. I took a nice little swim and the when the water trickled down the inside on my waders to my jubblies it registered 35f on my Shrink-O-Meter.

Guest Dan
Trust me, it's cold. I took a nice little swim and the when the water trickled down the inside on my waders to my jubblies it registered 35f on my Shrink-O-Meter.

:wacko::wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've been hitting up as many rivers as I can, so far the neebing, current river and Mackenzie have all given me some luck. One in the Current, one in neebing and two at Mckenzie...Also tried Mcvickers, and Mcintyre. Was thinkin about goin down to hit wolf and coldwater but ive been having enough luck in town

fisherdude

i figured the water was still a bit cold and very high....hopefully it warms up soon tho...great to hear that fish are being cuaght!

Guest Wes

Glad to here people are catching. I was out for a bit on Sat AM in the boat with no luck at a few mouths. but had limited time I had a roof that was being stripped for me to shingle. Then the rain came. AWESOME! I can't tell how much fun it is fighting with a 20X30 tarp on an 8/12 pitch in the rain. Suddenly my desk job doesn't seem so bad anymore. I still got it though. 2 sides today in 4 hours. Not bad for a guy out of the roofing game for 6 years. NO I don't do side jobs. hahaha This was family.

Anyway keep it up guyz! Stay safe.

Terry, you would catch more if you use you rod and reel instead of swimming and tring to catch them with your hands. Brrrr!

(I WAS IN THE POOL!!!!!)

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I figured that with the luck I've been having this soft water season so far I would test my luck once again (went 3 days ago) at Silver Harbour. The last time I was there I was using two tone green little cleos, 2-5 oz. I had no luck for the first hour but then when I began casting from the point out towards the open lake i started hammering them. In 12 minutes i got 3 lakers...A bit of a lull came about with an hour with no fish, but then two more fish within the next half hour. Well today, hoping for similar results I managed to land myself 9 laketrout, the smallest being about a pound and a half, the biggest being 11. Today they were all caught on 1/4 oz. gold little cleos, and silver little cleos

crisop

drove by a river yesterday in town and saw a guy pulling a nice size steelie out, a few pounds at least

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest littlepic

caching lots of steel head in marthon all 6 to 8 lbs

in the bay on shore gust fishing on the rocks

Guest Brett S

i caught and released my first steelie of the year finally, seems like the fish are starting to move in to the rivers now a bit more or at least are starting to bite. i think its supposed to snow tomorrow, i dont know what that will do to the fishing, i hope it doesnt mess things up to bad. i woud put the pictures on but it says it is to big.

Guest TerryK
i caught and released my first steelie of the year finally, seems like the fish are starting to move in to the rivers now a bit more or at least are starting to bite. i think its supposed to snow tomorrow, i dont know what that will do to the fishing, i hope it doesnt mess things up to bad. i woud put the pictures on but it says it is to big.

The fish was too big or the picture? lol, jk Brett.

Upload it to Imageshack and you can re-size it to fit forums.