• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

Scratch Lottery Tickeys

Gone8to1248

How many members on here buy those instant scratch off Lottery tickets that they sell in gas stations and Quick Marts? Thinking about doing one to raise money for the AYA if enough people would be interested.

Bernie

gone fishin'

I think you would have to get approval from the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission as it would be considered a lottery. And/Or you would probably need a charity licence. I may be wrong, but I suspect these are the hurdles you'll face.

crisop

ya you'd need a lottery license too and thier about 500 bucks in ontario

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Gone8to1248

I guess I worded the earlier posting the wrong way. What I was thinking about doing was putting up a Cabelas Certificate in a draw and charging $2.00 to get into it and then everyone who is in , there name goes in the hat and a winner s pulled out of there. Does that still need a lottery license seeing how all the money is going to the AYA? Also should the amount be kept secret until the end or should it be made known at the beginning? I would like your input on this.

Bernie

crisop

ya that makes sense and you can do that as long as all the money goes to AYA

i say keep the amount a secret until the winner get's the prize and let's everyone know

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

gone fishin'
I guess I worded the earlier posting the wrong way. What I was thinking about doing was putting up a Cabelas Certificate in a draw and charging $2.00 to get into it and then everyone who is in , there name goes in the hat and a winner s pulled out of there. Does that still need a lottery license seeing how all the money is going to the AYA? Also should the amount be kept secret until the end or should it be made known at the beginning? I would like your input on this.

Bernie

It would probably still be considered a lottery, but if not one complains, I doubt the OLG will really care given it's such (relatively) small potatoes.

I think the amount should remain a secret, but perhaps a range would be good.

Guest hardcorefishn

You will probably still require a raffle licence, if the AYA is a registered not - for - profit group you can probably pick up a raffle licence for about $14 from City Hall.

hardcorefishn