• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crisop

bull moose down

crisop

Well today started off as any ordinary day after a friday night shift when i get off at 4:30am. I had just enough time to get home from work, pack all my gear up and head out to a guys house we were meeting at. Got there 10 minutes late, but oh well because i didn't care. Decided where we were going and left his house, 45 mins later we get there. decide who is goign where and start to drive the road to our spots. We drop off 2 people at one spot and the other 4 of us continue on to our spots further down the road. We get to one spot and notice a black object in the distance, roughly 800 yards away. Looks like a stump and we are told it's stump because the other 2 poeple in front of us in our group have been watching it for 10 mins and it hasn't moved. i took out my binos to get a better look and sure enough i see rack, it's a damn bull moose and they've been watching it for 10 minutes already. we walk to within 400 yards and let him have it. he goes down and get's back up and keeps walking. we split up, 2 guys on the road and 2 straight through the tag alders to where he was hit. we get there, no blood and no moose, so i start walking along a ridge looking in the small swallows below hoping ot see a dead moose. i looked up for some reason and notice a rack abotu 200 yards from me looking right at me, so i raise my gun, get black in the cross hairs and let him have it. he stumbles but stays up so i pump another one in the chanber and fire again, down he goes and i'm basically running over to see if it is dead this time. One more shot to finish it off and we have a 45" bull moose down and dead. flag a trail out to the road, cut a trail back in 4 feet wide for the atv while 3 others are gutting the moose. get the atv to the moose, half on the front and half on the back and drive out. 8:10am moose down, 2:00pm moose at truck

i'll have some pictures when we get them developed because we all forgot our digi cameras and all we had was disposables, so here is one pic of the rack on my picnic table at home

IPB Image

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Some Old Guy

Holy!!! @#$%

Nice rack Crisop!

Man... That's exciting!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Guest_dan_*

Nice moose!!

Just a quick question, the moose that you killed, was that the same moose you guys first saw and then shot at 400 yards ? Was there 2 maybe ? The post did say that the first moose went down after a few shots and then got up again. Then you saw a moose 200 yards away and shot twice plus a finishing shot, so there should be a bullet hole in the pictured moose from the first volley of shots for a minimum of 4 granted you hit him twice the second time. Hopefully you made sure there isn't another moose down.

Guest Big Moose

This is an excellent question that begs some definate immediate clarification from the shooters before this gets crazy like some other unnamed site had not too long ago you know what I'm sayin Crisop,I missed that the first time through

crisop

yes we are 100% positive it's the same moose, notice the broken rack on the left side. before i shot at it again i made sure i could see the broken part, the same way i noticed it when we shot first

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF