• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest adams

Burstrom's Gossip

Guest adams

I understand that the ever famous Burstrom's on Shebandowan Lake has been sold. I have heard some different stories about who bought it, and what the plans are for the store, and the adjoining campground. (one of which was the Staal family bought it and will be building camps on the property!). Anyhow the truth is out there, and I'm wondering if anyone is in the loop on this one.

Guest Kevin Green

I also heard the Staal bros bought it and are going to shutter down so they can build camps on the property.

I hope not that store and gas station has been very handy in the past and I would hate to see it close.

crisop

well if the staals bought it can see it not opening the summer so they can build some rediculously huge camp

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

crisop

they make millions a yr, what's another few hundred G's to clean up some gas

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest Run N Gun

Last I heard there were 3 families going in on it, deal has since fell through as the group had to many demands in the sale.Burstrom's have taken it back off the market till the fall.

wicabel246

Not the Staals, but prospective buyer is local. Papers are not signed yet, and seller not sure he is going to. Problems have popped up.

if deal goes thru, store and gas bar are gone, buyer will eventually turn camps into condo style camps.

I'll keep you up to date when I hear anything else

Guest Jimmy
Not the Staals, but prospective buyer is local. Papers are not signed yet, and seller not sure he is going to. Problems have popped up.

if deal goes thru, store and gas bar are gone, buyer will eventually turn camps into condo style camps.

I'll keep you up to date when I hear anything else

Your correct not the Staals....another local couple offer was accepted and things should be completed by Oct 31 08

Guest Jimmy
Your correct not the Staals....another local couple offer was accepted and things should be completed by Oct 31 08

Things are going well...the resort will stay as a family run park and the store as well as the gas pumps should both reopen in the spring of next year....A few spots still remain for next year so make sure you stop in to meet the new owners later this fall..ownership change is scheduled for Oct. 31st...New owners to be announced when papers are signed.......

Guest Jimmy

The papers are signed and the new owners of Burstroms Resort are Tobi and Jim Malcolm and we would like to welcome all campers and friends out to see us next year...We will be having an information /introduction meeting early in November time and date to be announced ......

Some Old Guy

Congrats, Tobi and Jim Malcolm Looking forward to meeting you.

Jimmy, are they aware of this site?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Jimmy

I am new to the group ,but i am aware of the site now...and thank you..we take possession on the 31st of Oct. and can't wait to get started.

Some Old Guy

Jimmy=Jim. Slap me upside the head! Ha Ha

Welcome to the site and I'll stop in at some point to say hello!

Congrats once again.

Roger

Guest Jimmy
Jimmy=Jim. Slap me upside the head! Ha Ha

Welcome to the site and I'll stop in at some point to say hello!

Congrats once again.

Roger

Thank you Roger for the welcome myself and family welcome all out to meet us and hear some of our new plans......

wicabel246

I as well would like to add my welcome to the board, and congrats on your new venture.

Peter

Guest stumped

I think I will jump in as well and add my congratulations... on a side I will also slap Roger up side the head...how silly he is :)

Welcome aboard.

Jayfishin

Welcome to the board and PM regarding seasonal campsite availabilty if possible

Thanx

Jay

Guest TerryK

Well cover me in ice cream and bite me' bum, Jim and Tobi bought Burstroms!

That's pretty cool Jim (and Tobi), congrats! Still keeping the old job or are you jumping in with both feet? :P

Guest Jimmy

Both feet are in ,no time to be mining...for now anyway...we will have to plan some type of fishing trip Terry......and anyone else that wants to help me get to know lower Shebandowan a bit better.......

Guest TerryK
Both feet are in ,no time to be mining...for now anyway...we will have to plan some type of fishing trip Terry......and anyone else that wants to help me get to know lower Shebandowan a bit better.......

Count me in for that!

Guest canuck

Congrats....always looking for new places to camp....and as for slapping Roger in the head.....are we picking numbers or first come first serve....LOL!

Shane

Guest Jimmy

Shane thanks for the support and best wishes ...i read that you must have a store or supply hunting apparel and stuff....am i correct and if i am under what name?

Some Old Guy

Great....... Now I gotta start ducking when I go out.

Roger

gauge

What a small world Jim, Gauge here ( Mark ) from Exploratation at L.D.I.

I got my trailer set up on lower Sheband, and spend my two weeks off every month there during the summer.

We make the trip to the store every couple days for ice cream for the kids.

Great to see its going to stay opened.

Gauge

www.teamnosa.com

www.kidney.ca