• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

fishingfinn

Steelhead Sabotage

fishingfinn

Yesterday, after a say of steelheading on a smaller local tributary, I came back to my truck to find that somebody had put spikes beneath the tires of our parties trucks. WHY?!! This is Northwestern Ontario...there is plenty of space for everybody to fish!! Perhaps this was their "secret" spot? I have notified MNR and OPP of in incident, although there is nothing they can do. I am in good mind to post the location and description of this river just to upset the culprits, so next they go to that river if will be flooded with people. Note to others, check underneath your tires if you think you are fishing a "secret" spot.

Some Old Guy

Holy shit. This is getting out of friggin hand.

Roger.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

grumpy

Thanks for the heads up. I had an experience at the end of the day yesterday that I want to forget as well.

So check your tires and don’t move more than10’ off a spot if you find one.

Guest Beamer

Thanks for the heads up. I had an experience at the end of the day yesterday that I want to forget as well.

So check your tires and don’t move more than10’ off a spot if you find one.

[/quote)

I to have had some encounters with nails, nails aren't that bad its the gasoline additive that cost me several thousand bucks. I would love to meet that person, as my vehicle didn't break down until I was on vacation with my family and a long way from home.

Nice people

Beamer

Guest BannedCore

When I first moved to the Nipigon area 11 years ago and talked about guiding in the area I faced some opposition and it was not pleasant. These reports of dirty deeds being done are childish and distasteful. I am starting to wonder if it is worth it to make postings on this site as there are some narrow minded people reading this info. Maybe I should keep my info to myself. I hope whoever is doing this gets caught before somebody gets hurt. We may not always agree on issues posted on this site but I hope that we all agree that causing damage to somebody's property and putting them in risk of injury is not acceptable

Some Old Guy

Hi Hardcore,

This happens every spring on this site. Sit tight and it'll calm down by next weekend once people get onto the soft water. Cabin fever roams heavy!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

fishingfinn
Yesterday, after a say of steelheading on a smaller local tributary, I came back to my truck to find that somebody had put spikes beneath the tires of our parties trucks. WHY?!! This is Northwestern Ontario...there is plenty of space for everybody to fish!! Perhaps this was their "secret" spot? I have notified MNR and OPP of in incident, although there is nothing they can do. I am in good mind to post the location and description of this river just to upset the culprits, so next they go to that river if will be flooded with people. Note to others, check underneath your tires if you think you are fishing a "secret" spot.

Forgot to mention that whoever trying to flatten our tires also snapped a rod in half that was left in the bed of the pickup. I really do hope they get caught. Fishing is supposed to be a fun experience, this sort of thing ruins it for everybody.

grumpy
Forgot to mention that whoever trying to flatten our tires also snapped a rod in half that was left in the bed of the pickup. I really do hope they get caught. Fishing is supposed to be a fun experience, this sort of thing ruins it for everybody.

Could this be an area east of town where there are some questionable locals? Or do you know for sure that it was another fisherman.

fishingfinn
Could this be an area east of town where there are some questionable locals? Or do you know for sure that it was another fisherman.

Yup, it was definitely east of Thunder Bay, but I have never had a problem with locals before. I'm quite sure that it was another fisherman, as there would be no other reason the be where we were parker, other than to fish.

Jayfishin
Yup, it was definitely east of Thunder Bay, but I have never had a problem with locals before. I'm quite sure that it was another fisherman, as there would be no other reason the be where we were parker, other than to fish.

Well I hate to say it but they are probably the same individuals that we have seen or will see in the news who have been caught for poaching! Isn't it ironic that the people who sabotage our gear are possibly the same ones that abuse our fishieries?!'

Keep your eyes and ears open and carry a digital camera ...could help bust the idiots later! Too bad they are smart enough to know how to use the internet, cause if they didn't then Roger wouldn't have to keep dealing with the info problems on this message board. There are lots of good fishin in this region and so we should be able to talk openly about where they are biting. Too bad it isn't this black and white in reality.

Jay

TArmstrong

go back this weekend, hide a trailcam, catch the weasels!

www.tomarmstrongoutdoors.com

troutchaser29

Thx Terry, I'd like to know the area (to avoid it!) but also to keep my ears peeled in the 'fishing world' for more info.

like others have already said, this is crazy and has absolutely gone to far.

Travis

crisop

the location shoudl be posted so as many of us can go there and fish on the weekdays and weekends and keep an eye out. plus it will really piss these idiots off if they see a few dozen people every day there fishing

jon

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest loggerpete

Wow never had trouble with anyone like that before. Gonna have to be careful if I fish out of town.I think I`ll get a locking gas cap too.THANKS FOR THE UPDATE

fishingfinn
the location shoudl be posted so as many of us can go there and fish on the weekdays and weekends and keep an eye out. plus it will really piss these idiots off if they see a few dozen people every day there fishing

jon

I don't know if I want to reveal the location...probably cause more commotion. It's in the Red Rock area, that's all I'll say. Thanks to everyone, let's keep it a fun sport.

fishingfinn

Send me a message if you want to know the location, I don't want to piss anybody off, but I want people to have a heads up

Guest stumped

Okay, this is beginning to make me a little nervous. There are times I like to go fishing and my husband doesn't so I am out there by myself. It used to be that you wouldn't have to worry about this sort of thing, but it may be that my days of fishing by myself may be over now.

I would definitely like to know some of the areas that are being targeted just so I can steer clear of them if I am by myself.

Happy fishing....

By the way... I was fishing the river by the college yesterday and had to take a break because I had two intrusive beavers show up... actually they were a mated pair and decided they wanted to use my location as their own personal bedroom :lol:

what a way to go....