• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wampa

Downriggers

wampa

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions on mounting downriggers on your boat. I have a 16" Lund tiller and I am using Cannon Easytroll Downriggers. Is it best to permanently mount them to the aft or the manual also says something about using a 2x6 length of wood somehow. :huh:

-Russ

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Bill Arnott
Just wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions on mounting downriggers on your boat. I have a 16" Lund tiller and I am using Cannon Easytroll Downriggers. Is it best to permanently mount them to the aft or the manual also says something about using a 2x6 length of wood somehow. :huh:

-Russ

If your boat has wide gunnels you would be best to permanent mount them. There are plates available so that the riggers can be removed when not in use. Cut a plate to use as backing on the inside of each gunnel to add stability to the mount.

If you are fishing from a boat with standard gunnels I have seen them done with 2x6's as well. I'm sure there is someone on the board who has this setup. Maybe they can post pics.

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Guest Kevin Green

I am not sure what type of 16 footer you have but if it is outfitted with oar slots just place a 2" x 8" across the boat bolt it to the oar locks.

This provides a base to mount your down rigger plates to. I run this setup on my 14' Lund and it works awesome.

Good Luck

Kevin

fishman1

i have tried both setups. i would strongly recommend mounting them with permanent bases. when not using the riggers you will hardly even notice the mounts. the only way to go.

Guest hockeynut

go to scotty.com

they sell them from BC and have some great set ups and parts..i think some tips too..good luck