• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
fishman1

help wanted

fishman1

this is a message from the calf moose of northwestern ontario. please help us. we are sick of being eatin by the overabundance of bears in our homes. please take matters into your own hands as the m.n.r. wont do anything about it. please buy bear tag and save a calf. signed, bullwinkle junior.

Guest McLean

Its not only the over population of bears thats reducing the moose population , its also the over population of deer. There are so many deer between Thunder Bay and Rainy River , they are pushing to moose out of they're range , further north.

There is no lack of moose in communities such as Pickle Lake , or Armstrong, but an old hot spot like Turtle River area (between Fort Frances and Atikokan). Has seen they're moose population dwindle drastictly.

In my humble opinion, the answer to increasing the moose population is a combanation of things:

More doe tags relesed for deer

Re-Introduction of the spring bear hunt

Fewer restrictions on hunting wolves and coyotes

Fewer cow moose tags relesed (dont shoot the factory)

If even a few of those things are done , even something as simple as increasing the deer tags made availible it can and will help the moose population grow once again , and I didnt need to waste 1 million of tax payers money to figure that out

Pete

seppi

Amen mr.mclean

fishman1
Its not only the over population of bears thats reducing the moose population , its also the over population of deer. There are so many deer between Thunder Bay and Rainy River , they are pushing to moose out of they're range , further north.

There is no lack of moose in communities such as Pickle Lake , or Armstrong, but an old hot spot like Turtle River area (between Fort Frances and Atikokan). Has seen they're moose population dwindle drastictly.

In my humble opinion, the answer to increasing the moose population is a combanation of things:

More doe tags relesed for deer

Re-Introduction of the spring bear hunt

Fewer restrictions on hunting wolves and coyotes

Fewer cow moose tags relesed (dont shoot the factory)

If even a few of those things are done , even something as simple as increasing the deer tags made availible it can and will help the moose population grow once again , and I didnt need to waste 1 million of tax payers money to figure that out

Pete

well said and i couldnt agree more.

Guest deerhunting101

I was just curious. The MNR wants people to hunt more deer to reduce the population to help out the moose. Why don't they drop the surplus tag costs. I buy my extra tags yearly and fill all of them, but maybe more will harvest deer if there was a reduced cost to the surplus tags. They can even put a mandatory harvesting reporting to assist them with their research. Makes sense to me what are your feelings on this.

fishman1
I was just curious. The MNR wants people to hunt more deer to reduce the population to help out the moose. Why don't they drop the surplus tag costs. I buy my extra tags yearly and fill all of them, but maybe more will harvest deer if there was a reduced cost to the surplus tags. They can even put a mandatory harvesting reporting to assist them with their research. Makes sense to me what are your feelings on this.

i couldnt agree with you more, paying full cost for additional tags is rediculous.