• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BannedCore

Brook trout, Coaster, Nipigon strain.......

Guest Beamer

It is very interesting, my point is not whether the weight is accurate but that the largest fish are females incluging the world record. The largest ones I have handled also have been females and not just in the land locked sections but through out the system.

Cheers Beamer

Guest TerryK

It's hard to argue with Beamers findings. He's done countless hours of data recording that is efficient and accurate to say the least.

Guest Kevin Green

Just out of curiousity what is your guys largest Brookie in Weight.

My personal best is 7.5lbs and I have yet to see a bigger one but have heard of bigger ones being caught.

Guest Dan
It is very interesting, my point is not whether the weight is accurate but that the largest fish are females incluging the world record. The largest ones I have handled also have been females and not just in the land locked sections but through out the system.

Cheers Beamer

I don't doubt that for a second Randy. You keep careful records. My heaviest fish, as well as what the the status quo says, tend to be males by a large margin though.

Guest TerryK
I don't doubt that for a second Randy. You keep careful records. My heaviest fish, as well as what the the status quo says, tend to be males by a large margin though.

:rolleyes:

Guest BannedCore

My longest Brookie was a 26" male. But my heaviest was a 24" female with an 18" girth. But the biggest one ever would not fit through my 8 inch hole while ice fishing. 10 pounds plus.

Guest Kevin Green

I have'nt weighed one in over twenty years Kevin.

[/quote

Actually I never weigh mine either but that baby had to go on the wall. So I figured it wouldn't hurt the fish.

Guest TerryK
My longest Brookie was a 26" male. But my heaviest was a 24" female with an 18" girth. But the biggest one ever would not fit through my 8 inch hole while ice fishing. 10 pounds plus.

Wow, that's a big fish. It would have what, an over 26" girth??

Guest BannedCore

I know six or so other guys who also had this happen and one was my dad. These were on lakes that have only Brook trout and "known" to have monsters. There are Nipigon strain brookies in the Algoma district. I have seen bigger brookies back home than I see in this area. I use 20lb test line when ice fishing because of monster brookies. I don't know the girth because it got away. BIG

Guest TerryK

I'm just teasing you man.

It's just that I've pulled a 25lb lake trout through an 8 inch hole it it fit just fine.

salmonider

Mint Chirp! B)

Practice CPS, catch , photo, stringer.

ok, calm down I'm kidding!