• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wes

Grouse Hunting

Guest Wes

Well I got out for a few hours after work. I only saw 3 and was able to get a shot off at one.

So I have lunch for tomorrow. My best shot of the evening was the sunset.

2861719032_89dee4a2b5.jpg

How did everyone else do? I was really surprised. I haven't not taken a limit home on opening day in I don't even know how it has been. There really isn't alot of birds this year. I guess the spring was colder and wetter than I thought.

Buck 120

Was out today, all day, and bagged 1 Spruce and 4 Partridge, saw at least another 5-6. Not as many as last year.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest Kevin Green

Was out for another surf and turf outing yesterday. Saw 2 and got them both. I am very much not impressed with the amount of birds this year.

They are very few and far between.

Dean

Went out last Saturday, we saw 9, got 8, so not too bad. Going again this weekend to set up the moose shack so might get a couple more.

Dean

gauge
Went out last Saturday, we saw 9, got 8, so not too bad. Going again this weekend to set up the moose shack so might get a couple more.

Dean

seen about a dozen over three days, got 0 of them

lol

www.teamnosa.com

www.kidney.ca

Guest firebird

I was out on Tuesday (third time this season) and only saw and shot 1 bird on the way back too my truck at around 5:30pm. It was rather disappointing considering my buddies didnt get any birds that afternoon. We were hunting cloud lake area and it was thick with birds last year but so far slow this year. Does anyone know a good spot any closer too town? Because it is too far for me to drive after work to get any decent time in hunting.

thanks B)

Buck 120

lots of trails/roads off HWY 527. I still think a lot are not visible in trees.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest McLean

Been out a few times so far this year , got 3 , seen maybe 6 so far , saw 2 up boreal road , and 1 up hoof lake road. Definatly slim pickings this year , but its also pretty early in the season , and they have lots of cover. I have a feeling things will pick up after we get a good frost.

Pete

Guest wesm

We were out in some pretty tangled stuff up a road that sees little pressure. We saw 14 in about 2km of trail/road. We managed to get about 5. The rest were speed demons, running well into the bush where they disappeared quite nicely. I think this is the most I have seen since the 80s. It was very good to see again.

(Not argument fodder below, just a couple of comments)

I think the number of ATV hunters is really starting to push the birds in deeper. This was well off the beaten path and had seen little to no pressure for some while. It would be nice to get back to walking hunts again in the more accessible areas but that's unlikely to happen. Guess it will be time to fire up the ATV and join the rest that way if I want some birds.

Guest Wes

OK so my normal area is having a bad year. My bro an I tried a new area and went 8 for 12 yesturday. Typical road worrior style hunting. Drive the roads in my truck, get out and shoot. Mostly road runners though so we had to go in and get them.