• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BlindLikeBat

Hunting on private property

Guest BlindLikeBat

I have a friend who has invited me to come as his guest and hunt deer on his property using a firearm. Am I required by law to wear blaze orange even if I'm not hunting on crown land?

Thanks

BlindLikeBat

Guest MNR

Absolutely! Location doesn’t matter The hunter orange regulation applies to all licensed hunters, including bow hunters, hunting during the gun season for deer and moose. As well, all black bear hunters hunting during the black bear season are required to wear hunter orange except when in a tree stand.

Waterfowl hunters, spring wild turkey hunters, small game hunters and bow hunters in bows-only seasons, where there are no concurrent deer or moose gun seasons, are exempt from the hunter orange requirement.

A hunter orange garment and head cover must be worn. The hunter orange garment must cover a minimum of 2,580square cm (400 square inches) above the waist and be visible

from all sides. Open mesh or camouflage hunter orange must not be part of the 2,580 square cm. A hunting coat or vest generally meets this requirement. The hunter orange head cover may have: open mesh; a peak or brim colour other than hunter orange; a crest or logo which does not completely cover the hunter orange on the side where it is affixed. The head cover may not contain camouflage material. Hunter orange colour standards are generally consistent across North America. Manufacturers can provide information

regarding clothing compliance with this standard.