• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

canadianyanke

sturgeon pictures

canadianyanke

hello, I originally posted these pictures but I took them down because I thought that I should ask if I could post them first. These fish were all caught and measurements were taken (TLEN, weight, sex) and then some of them were equiped with internal/external transmitters. They are being tracked to learn more about them like where they spawn for instance. If you ever catch a sturgeon with floy tags report the number to the MNR. :D

P.S- I didnt bother messing around with the background of these pictures so if you know where the picture was taken, please keep it to yourself. :)

54642788sj4.th.jpgthpix.gif

57562446py7.th.jpgthpix.gif

32069343gy9.th.jpgthpix.gif

61185972ql2.th.jpgthpix.gif

60699338hz0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Some Old Guy

What do you mean you can't get them up? I saw them. Nice pictures. ..............???? Someone told you to take them down right? Happens quite a bit when the studies are being done.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

seppi

You are absolutely right boys ,but I suspect he was ordered to take them down,not supposed to be public knowledge yet !!!!

Seppi ;);)

Guest fish_on
What do you mean you can't get them up? I saw them. Nice pictures. ..............???? Someone told you to take them down right? Happens quite a bit when the studies are being done.

Roger

May I ask what studies you are talking about?

canadianyanke
May I ask what studies you are talking about?

Lake Sturgeon are a species at risk and any local info on them is limited and not out to the public. All these fish have been tagged and are carrying transmitters that tell us there whereabouts.

Guest fish_on
Lake Sturgeon are a species at risk and any local info on them is limited and not out to the public. All these fish have been tagged and are carrying transmitters that tell us there whereabouts.

Thanks for the pics, they are great. Nice to see some people are out to benefit these fish.