• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DJL66

Where do I go to register a boat?

DJL66

Okay I just bought another boat but cannot recall where I go to get the registration #'s. I know the Coast Guard does it but where are they located? Having a brain freeze at the moment.

Thanks, Don

Some Old Guy

I'm also brain freezing. I think it's behind the main post office. WSIB building or the one next to it.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Resource Pimp

Your gonna go to Service Canada.......they are right beside (matching building) the Employment Insurance building beside the harbour Expressway, just down from the postal sorting Plant......They are on the 1st floor

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Some Old Guy

Yeah there! That's where I was thinking.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

DJL66

Ahhhh yeah now that rings a bell. Thanks guys.

Jayfishin

Went there yesterday exactly for that. No fee to transfer either! Don't see that in government office very often!

Jay

Resource Pimp
Went there yesterday exactly for that. No fee to transfer either! Don't see that in government office very often!

Jay

Oh theres a transfer fee.....the sales tax. Provincial sales tax people get the info from service canada. About next april or may, you will be notified by pst people to pay sales tax....keep your reciept....trust me

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Guest Tracker Pro V

MTO will collect the taxes and any other fees when you register the boat if they have not been paid yet.

Resource Pimp

You're right Pro V, the MTO will collect the tax when you go in to transfer trailer registration. But I still say save your reciepts, especially from mto as pst will probably be sending you a letter 6 to 10 months after the fact. It happend to me twice in the last 6 yrs for 2 used boats I bought. I had reciepts to show tax was paid on both boats and had to mail them copies.

Maybe they got their act together so "the left hand knows what the right hand is doing" now and pst is aware you already paid before sending out their letter. Last time it happened to me was year ago this past june

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Jayfishin

I did pay PST on trailer at MTP office. And I was told that Revenue Canada may review the transaction and send me a notice to pay PST on boat. Its not too often that the Government forgets to collect from us tax payers. Too bad when they owe us money they take there sweet time about it. I guess the only bonus is that I get to delay the PST cost for a few months.

Jay