• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest moto_man

Walleye last night

Guest moto_man

Hey everybody, I'm new to the area. I'm up here for a year for teachers college at LU. I caught my first walleye up here at hazaelwood last night. Didn't get a weight on it as I dont have a scale up here but it was 20" long.

Mike.

n89900331_35820862_9390.jpg

Trevor Zimak

Hey Mike, what division are you specializating in. Where is your placement. Or you doing it in your home area?

Guest moto_man
Hey Mike, what division are you specializating in. Where is your placement. Or you doing it in your home area?

I'm in I/s history and geography, doing my first placement here. I'm at St. Ignatius.

Some Old Guy

Nice fish for sure.

How'd you do tonight?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest moto_man

Nothing tonight sadly...

Had a few bites and lost one but it was raining pretty good when got there so we didnt stay too long.

I used to do a bit of riding back in high school, just had an older trail bike. Had to sell it when i went to university. Never did any racing or anything though. Moto_man is just a username that stuck.

Here's a pic of a big perch i caught last weekend.

12inchPerch.jpg

Some Old Guy

That is a huge perch!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

shmanks

damn i got to get out to hazelwood again havent been out in awhile...my girlfriend caught a huge perch there 2 last time we went

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've spent many many days and evening fishing off of the big flat rock you can see from the culvert, up the river a bit towards the lake. Have had alot of awesome perch days, theres some real bigs ones in there. Some really big pike as well, I've had a few explosions under my spook that did not reward me with a fish but wow, you can tell there was some weight behind it, lots of average ones as well. Good place to spend a day anyway, usually come back with something.

Trevor Zimak
I'm in I/s history and geography, doing my first placement here. I'm at St. Ignatius.

Right on, I/S Geo and Eng Major here;

That is where I did both my placements, back in 06. Im teaching at St.Pats now. Too bad you didnt post something on the board earlier. Could have gotten out for some smallie and wallie action. Just winterized the ship yesterday.

Guest moto_man
Right on, I/S Geo and Eng Major here;

That is where I did both my placements, back in 06. Im teaching at St.Pats now. Too bad you didnt post something on the board earlier. Could have gotten out for some smallie and wallie action. Just winterized the ship yesterday.

Thats cool, I'm a bit nervous about getting into the classroom, but I'm sure it'll be alright. Too bad about the boat though, that would have been awesome to get out on the water! I've been catching quite a few fish from the shore, it's been pretty fun anyways.

I caught a smaller pike at Hazelwood earlier too, about 20". My girlfriend hooked into something bigger too, spooled off a bunch of line and snapped off. It would be nice to catch a bigger pike to.

Does anyone ever do any ice fishing at Hazelwood?

Master Baiter
Thats cool, I'm a bit nervous about getting into the classroom, but I'm sure it'll be alright. Too bad about the boat though, that would have been awesome to get out on the water! I've been catching quite a few fish from the shore, it's been pretty fun anyways.

I caught a smaller pike at Hazelwood earlier too, about 20". My girlfriend hooked into something bigger too, spooled off a bunch of line and snapped off. It would be nice to catch a bigger pike to.

I have been out there a few times and have seen several holes iced over and the odd ice angler from time to time. Again I've had mixed results ice fishing out there? more than likely due to weather....lol But its nice and close to fish, and they sure taste good.

Mike

If your not a Master Baiter, you'll never pull the big one!!

th_logo_teamnosa.jpg th_NSSAlogo.gif

fisherdude

i go there quite often in the winter...havnt got any big pickeral but a few small ones and tons on perch...we got a really nice whitefish last winter to :lol: theres usually a ton of holes and lots of times u dont need to even drill any...

Mr. Canoehead

I really enjoy icefishing at Hazelwood. I usually target the perch and anything else is a bonus. It seems there is no regular evening or morning walleye bite like at other lakes, so the walleye fishing can really be hit and miss. I've had my best luck there for walleye on overcast days...they may bite for 15mins at 11am, and then again at 2:30...or not...who knows! I've been broken off several times by big pike (I assume pike). The whitefish are usaually caught by those around me but I've never caught one! But my favorite is getting into a school of 8-12inch perch! YUM.

-John