• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Shebandowan Fishing Report

Some Old Guy

Well my walleye season ended off like it began. Rain, snow high winds with trees snapping around us. The weather was horrible. Very cold, very wet.

We had the lake all to ourselves. Very quiet out there. We didn't get an early start as I couldn't find my fishing licence. So I had to buy a new one. The next thing we had to worry about was bait. We got some medium minnows at AJ's on HWY 61. Then we hit Kakabeka and saw the bait store on the right was open. Well when we got to it I guess someone forgot to flip the sign to closed. BUT the awesome thing was that they have a bait fridge that you can get bait and put your money through a slot! So we bought two bags of large minnows.

As soon as we got to the launch it started raining. We loaded the boat and headed out. The first spot we tried, which was a reef 23 feet deep and surrounded by 40 feet of water, was loaded with smallies. Fun, but not what we were after. The next area had walleye on it but was slow. It was a classic fall spot. A steep drop to 45 feet. We got a few nice ones there.

We moved back to middle Shebandowan and the bite was really on. We found a nice little hump and slow jigged in 25-33 feet of water. There were plenty of walleyes there. This is where the weather hit us the hardest. Snow, rain and hail pelted us. The wind was really gusting but we weren't leaving while the bite was on. Iceman and I were frozen to the core! My hands were the worst but the fishing was great!

If you ever have the mindset to go in the late fall try it out. There's plenty of reading on fall walleye and it works! Gord Ellis just did a recent column on fall walleye and it holds true. Get out of your tried and true summer spots and look for the areas he describes.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Buck 120

Or by RD's standards as "Rugged". LOL

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!