• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Thunder Bay Record Fish Starts!

Some Old Guy

The Thunder Bay Fishing Contest starts tomorrow Nov. 1st.

Fish must be caught using traditional fishing rods (stick and line while ice fishing is ok, basically no netting!!) The fish must be measured using a flexible measuring tape, length and girth. Tails pinched for maximum length. A picture must be included to verify both lengths. This can be one or two pictures. One showing the length and one showing the girth. Please no photo (shop) adjustments. Original pictures only. These pictures will be looked over by a panel of judges to verify. Please include a date verifier. Like a newspaper or the banner which I'll make useable for you. Just print it off and use in your picture with the fish. For now use this link to get your print out. Printable Banner

Please up load your pictures to the appropriate catagory in the photo album. (Upload Here)

Fish used in tournaments cannot be used in this contest.

DnR Sporting Goods has supplied a $100.00 gift certificate for the Walleye Catagory

Milt's Rod and Reel has sponsored for $50.00

Hal's Jigs has supplied a box of Jigs.

Kayaker has supplied a filleting knife.

I'm still looking for sposors.

Also once a fish picture is uploaded, I'll post it on a web page catagory to show what is leading at that time.

Other rules may be added at any time.

So let's get out there and fish!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

fishman1
The Thunder Bay Fishing Contest starts tomorrow Nov. 1st.

Fish must be caught using traditional fishing rods (stick and line while ice fishing is ok, basically no netting!!) The fish must be measured using a flexible measuring tape, length and girth. Tails pinched for maximum length. A picture must be included to verify both lengths. This can be one or two pictures. One showing the length and one showing the girth. Please no photo (shop) adjustments. Original pictures only. These pictures will be looked over by a panel of judges to verify. Please include a date verifier. Like a newspaper or the banner which I'll make useable for you. Just print it off and use in your picture with the fish. For now use this link to get your print out. Printable Banner

Please up load your pictures to the appropriate catagory in the photo album. (Upload Here)

Fish used in tournaments cannot be used in this contest.

DnR Sporting Goods has supplied a $100.00 gift certificate for the Walleye Catagory

Milt's Rod and Reel has sponsored for $50.00

Hal's Jigs has supplied a box of Jigs.

Kayaker has supplied a filleting knife.

I'm still looking for sposors.

Also once a fish picture is uploaded, I'll post it on a web page catagory to show what is leading at that time.

Other rules may be added at any time.

So let's get out there and fish!

Roger

is this a catch and release or do you have to kill it to win a prize?

Some Old Guy

This round of prizes will end on April 15th.

I would prefer that the fish are released as this contest is about big fish. These fish are the prime genetics so we'll let them go.

Roger

Guest TerryK
This round of prizes will end on April 15th.

I would prefer that the fish are released as this contest is about big fish. These fish are the prime genetics so we'll let them go.

Roger

Cool roger. Lets handle these fish with the utmost care!

Buck 120

DO the entries have to be registered members on the board?

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

grumpy

I have decided to sponsor a prize for the largest Steelhead. It will be a box of hand tied flies. There are however some different rules that will apply for this category.

Rules:

· The fish must be angled legally. (Macintyre and Neebing fish entered must be over 690 mm)

· Fish must be caught in zones 6, 7 or 9

· Fork length and girth to be measured in mm (a total length measurement is not required)

· Proof of date and size must be witnessed so a photo with the date and measurement will not be required.

· A photo of the fish being handled in a manor that is not harmful to the fish is required.

· No Dead fish are to be entered

These rules still need to be discussed with Mahumba and may be altered. Good luck everyone.

Guest Nick C

Too bad i didn't catch my first steelie this weekend! i could have entered in the competition :angry2: oh well. Let the competition begin. Im in and im coming for you... steelies beware... :ph34r:

Some Old Guy

TTT

Roger

Bear

TTT "TO THE TOP".

It brings your message to the top of the board again.

Bear