• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest canuck

First Buck with a bow!

Guest canuck

I was successful in harvesting a nice eight point buck this morning with a bow....my first. Last year I was successful in harvesting a doe with it so it was only a matter of time.

Now the pressure is off....whew!

Enjoy.

Shane

P1020556.jpg

Some Old Guy

Very nice Shane!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bill Arnott

Congrats...nice deer / nice pic too!

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

gauge

Congrats Shane, nice buck.

Gauge

www.teamnosa.com

www.kidney.ca

Buck 120

Good job Shane!

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest canuck
Great deer with nice symmetrical rack. Whats the story behind it?

Well the story goes like this...I had the biggest black bear I have seen hanging around the stand for over a month keeping the deer away....I had hundreds of photos of him with very little deer.

I stopped going out for a while and decided to check the camera and drop some apples that a friend had given me. I had checked the camera and found over 200 photos of deer indicating to me the bear had left the area. I had five different bucks including this one, and as many as seven does and fawns at one time in several photos.

There was a spiker that was coming in everyday from 8am till dark. I decided to sit last Monday with the hopes of getting a doe or the spiker as the bigger bucks were not coming until well after dark.

At 10:30 I noticed movement coming in...I stood up anticipating the doe or spiker....when he cleared the thicker bush and I was able to count all the antlers it was then the legs got weak and the heart really began to race...at least this year I remembered to breath unlike last year.

I anticipated him to turn to his right for a broadside shot...as he was moving in that direction....as I drew the arrow and released he turned back to his left....the arrow entered the neck high going through the body and particially exited out the right flank....not a drop of blood left his body...I was fortunate that the shot did considerable damage internally or the deer would have likely ran for sometime. He was recovered about 45 yards from the stand....I believe I had some luck on my side with this one. I learned a valuable lesson....you can not predict what the animal will do.

The neat side is I have two photos of him on the trail camera minutes before releasing the arrow. And one from the night before.

That is the story.

Shane

Jayfishin

Great story, nice deer, congrats!

Jay