• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wes

Pranks

Guest Wes

On the drive home today I was thinking about some of the pranks I have pulled and one came up and made me laugh, again. I figure there has to be more pranksters out there, So if you have any fishing/hunting related pranks you pulled, please share. I will start with one of my proud moments.

So this was a bunch of years ago. You know, when it was actually warn and sunny on Walleye opening day. So while I was getting my boat ready for the trip I found a siren for a car alarm. I am thinking 12 volts? Oh Yeah I have 12 volts. I have a rather crude wiring harness so I can put my marine battery in the front of my 14 ft. I installed the siren under the front seat and ran the wires inside the existing harness to the back where I had a switch behind my seat. Know one knew the switch or the siren was there. Fast forward to Saturday afternoon on opening day.

The fishing was good in the AM and then slowed down in the afternoon. I looked over to see Kevins’ eyes getting a little heavy. And my brother in the middle seat just sitting there fishing and smoking. The lake was like glass. It was so warm and quiet. The kind of day we all want when at camp. (not necessarily when we are walleye fishing per say)

Well I let’em have it. Holy smokes was that not the funniest thing I ever seen. Kevin, I am pretty sure, loaded his drawers and almost through his rod in the lake. My brother dropped his rod and his smoke fell in his shoe. I laughed for hours.

We all had a good laugh later but I am pretty sure I was getting the skunkeye.

I know I am going to get it sooner or later. Hence the reason I stopped getting totally trashed on opening weekend. Haha

So lets here some of your stories…

Some Old Guy

We have moved out houses behind the hole. (very stinky walk in the dark)

And I have cut the board between two trees that we lean on to go #2 just enough so that when the next guy leaned on it, it broke.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Nick C

I figure that as I get older...i might actualy be able to pull off a good prank. Im just to nice...for now anyways <_< I will answer this in a couple of years. First I have to find someone to prank :ninja:

Nick C

Guest TerryK

Wes and I were out fishing one time. I told him he was a pretty good steelheader.....and he believed me!!!!!!!

I laughed for days!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:lol:

Bear

We used to use 6 foot rods for trout fishing. One time we were out, three of us and one guy went for a ski doo ride. We tied a spool of 2 lb test to the end of his rod and froze a stick directly under the tip of his rod and then ran the line back to where we were standing. He returned and Wayne gave the line a pull. we alerted him to the "bite" He scrambled over to the hole and as he got there Wayne released the pressure on the rod tip. It looked like he miseed the fish. He started to walk back to where we were standing and down goes the rod again, the hundred yard dash in about four steps, he picks up the rod and no fish, he resetss and walks away and he gives it another tug. We finally were laughing so hard, I was on my kneees, then he figured it out.

Bear

Guest Wes

Roger, that is funny as hell, but mean.. hahaha

Bear, I think that is funny funny stuff. Bravo. hahaha

Terry, I don't see any humor in that at all.

kidding. good Burn!

Bear

Here is a good one, I used to do this in the police department, and have used it in hunting camp. I am sure it would work in fish camp or anywhere, it goes to prove that people just cant resist. I would take an old set of binoculars and put paste shoe polish on the rubber around the eyepiece and set them on the corner of the table. Guys cant resist picking them up and having a look out the way. When they put them down, instant racoon eyes, and they dont even know it.

Bear

Guest Dan

Here's an old one from my just out of high school days. I was out Grouse hunting with a good friend (John Hay, current fire chief). We were walking a trail that I was familiar with and doing quite good on that day with a bunch of birds in the bag. We'd take turns at the shot, and it happened to be my turn at the time. We were nearing the end of the trail when I told John that I'd just sit down for a few minutes and let him walk to the end of the trail, which was maybe a 5 minute walk. When he rounded the corner, I went back down the trail, just around the corner that we'd just passed, and took one of the birds out of my pack, and propped it up in the middle of the trail with a forked stick holding it's head up. It looked perfect. You bird guys know how those Grouse can sit there motionless with their necks stretched out. Then I went back to sit and wait for John. Upon his return, we resumed our walk back down the trail from where we came. I waited for John to spot the bird, and he excitedly did just that. Remember, it's my shot now. It was a little out of range for my 20 gauge, so I begin the stealth approach towards the bird, with John right behind. I tip toed along and when I was obviously within range, John whispers for me to shoot. I ignored him and continued the stealthy approach. Now John starts flippin' out and in his quietest, angry voice shouts "What are you doing? Shoot!!". Of course I ignore him and continue my approach. I get within 20 feet, 10 feet and finally 5 feet of the bird when I finally raise my gun. John is just about having a heart attack by now. I finished the prank by finally blowing the head off of the already deceased bird. Even after the shot I pleaded ignorance for a while, until I couldn't hold the laughter in anymore. John and I had a great laugh when all was said and done.

Buck 120

Nice one Dan, it would have been even more impressive if you reached down and grabbed the bird by the neck. LOL

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest BannedCore

While ice fishing Lakers in 80ft of water my buddy went for a skidoo ride and i pulled up his line and tied an empty wine bottle filled with water to his line and then tied fishing line to the end of his stick. When he came back I pulled the line and he thought he had a bite when he reached his line and felt weight he thougt he had a fish. He ended up fighting the bottle all the way up it was really funny.

Guest Dan
i pulled up his line and tied an empty wine bottle filled with water to his line

That's just evil Hardcore. You could have had the same fun with a full wine bottle.... :blink:

Guest Wes
That's just evil Hardcore. You could have had the same fun with a full wine bottle.... :blink:

With a full wine bottle, there is still something to keep him occupied. Once the wine is gone, then there is nothing to do but sit and watch the lines. Might as well mess with people.. hahaha

good burn Hardcore.

Dan that Grouse trick is classic. I definately have to try that one.

Bear, the shoe polish on the goggles is an oldie, but a goodie.

randomheroj

i think the funniest is between 2.... my buddy was asked me to make sure his boat was loaded and tied down tight, cause we were going fishing right after he was done work so my cousin and i went to his house and used heavy duty saran wrap and did his boat nice and even put a bow on it. the second is when we moved my uncle out to kashabowie we had lots of boxes, so my one cousin and i thought it would be fun to put them togther and put it over our other cousin car so we pulled out the duct tape put them all togther fit perfect over his car every morning for a week we did it and on the friday we moved his car behind my truck and put the box in his spot he got pissed at first that the box was over his car again then when he lifted the box his car was gone he was sooo pissed lol.