• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Melly

Gary's (sawmill bay) For Sale

Guest Melly

I was out at my ice shack on the weekend and there was a forsale sign up at Garys. He said that he is trying to sell the place, could be bad news in the future for all us guys with shacks out there

fishman1
I was out at my ice shack on the weekend and there was a forsale sign up at Garys. He said that he is trying to sell the place, could be bad news in the future for all us guys with shacks out there

yes, garys is for sale. the house, snowplow business-everything. there is a guy who will be running it this winter. he wants to check it out to see if he wants to buy it. the only thing he is leary about is that gary has no lake access. if the cottage owner that provides access denies this then his ice business is hooped! we will see what happens. with the economy the way it is in t.bay, gary is also feeling the pinch. 2 years ago there were 6 shacks abandonded in his lot. last year there were 36 shacks abandonded. these people have not payed gary and im sure will not be back. for the average guy, it is 200 per year storage and a haul up the lake to coffin by the track mobile is 150 each way. that is a total of 500 and you havent wet a line yet.

AB
yes, garys is for sale. the house, snowplow business-everything. there is a guy who will be running it this winter. he wants to check it out to see if he wants to buy it. the only thing he is leary about is that gary has no lake access. if the cottage owner that provides access denies this then his ice business is hooped! we will see what happens. with the economy the way it is in t.bay, gary is also feeling the pinch. 2 years ago there were 6 shacks abandonded in his lot. last year there were 36 shacks abandonded. these people have not payed gary and im sure will not be back. for the average guy, it is 200 per year storage and a haul up the lake to coffin by the track mobile is 150 each way. that is a total of 500 and you havent wet a line yet.

What's he gonna do with the abandoned shacks? -_-

If you think about how long it takes to build a good one, and the cost of materials....maybe he could have a shanty auction.

iceman

Guest Tracker Pro V

He should auction them off. If the owners do not pay what they owe, he should be able to sell them to get his money that he was promised.

crisop

i think legally after one year and an ad in the paper saying if thier not paid for they will be auctioned off....i'd buy one for sure like that

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

grumpy

I would buy one. Even if I only used it 2 weekends a year. $500 for storage and hauling would be well worth it if I split it with a buddy.