• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wes

A Sign Of The Times

Guest stumped

Hey Wes, what program do you use for your photo's. I love these... they look as if they have been painted.

Guest Wes

Thanks.

I use Photoshop CS3 for most of the post production on my photos. Depending on the effect I am going for I will also use Photomatix or Dynamic-Photo HDR as well.

NWO Fishing Bum

Do you like Photomatix, Wes? I have used it only once in an experimental context. As a longtime Photoshop guy, I'm somewhat reluctant to move away from software that does almost all I need. Can I ask, what routines/enhancement/etc. you prefer Photomatix over Photoshop for? Is it purely the augmentation of the dynamic range to capture all the details in high-contrast imagery, or is there more novel features available in that package that you favour?

Thanks,

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest Wes

I use Photomatix to enhance the dynamic range in a multple exposure scene. I am sure you have heard of HDR. I find Photomatix does a nicer job than Photoshop, when create HDR images. You can get more of a surreal look in Photomatix. I find myself using Dynamic-Photo HDR more so than Photomatix. Photomatix really multiplies the digital camera noise, more so than Dynamic-Photo HDR. Even when shooting with ISO 50. Every HDR image I produce goes through a bunch of processing. First in either Photomatix or Dynamic-Photo HDR, then colour correction, sharpening, and anything else I deem necessary, in PS. Sometimes I can spend hours on 1 photo if I am going for a certain look and feel.

If that was too much tech. speak then I appologize. I'm a nerd.

Wes

NWO Fishing Bum

No, I'm right with you! that's what i wanted to know, thanks!

NWO Fishing Bum