• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RAMBO

Hospital lake?

Guest Nick C

The new hospital above L.U has a lake behind it. I also noticed when I was out walking that it is connected to the Mcyntire by a stream. Could there maybe be some brookies in there or other species? just curious.

Nick C

NWO Fishing Bum

You should try it out and let us know Nick! That lake didn't exist in the same state as today before they built the hospital and greatly expanded River Terrace subdivision. It's hard to believe now but only 10 years ago we use to leave residence and go camp over there, have bonfires, etc. We did interpretation for rec classes as well as some practicals over there as well. In general the area was quite wet, whence some engineering to create the current day lake.

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest Nick C

I will either have to wait for the ice to thicken up (ice fish it :D ) or try it in the spring with some waders. Who knows...maybe I will catch a monster brook trout :lol::lol:

Nick C

eyelander

Maybe not brookies(even if they do make it in there), the lake may be too shallow and warm for them during summer months. But I can see resident rainbows ending up in there. There is another small pond much further up the Mac that I have on 2 occasions caught a rainbow in. That was 30 yrs. ago, but I can see them getting into this small body of water also. And they are able to tolerate higher water temps than brookies. There is also the question of available food for them in a man made lake.

It may be a moot point anyway, will the hospital/security personnel even allow you to fish there?

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Guest Nick C

Im not sure. I didn't even know it was man made. I looked just like a natural pond to me. I got to it by bush wacking from my house 2k and back in an hour and a half. I will check with security to see if i can or not. I hope They would let me fish there... :D

Nick C

Guest TerryK
Im not sure. I didn't even know it was man made. I looked just like a natural pond to me. I got to it by bush wacking from my house 2k and back in an hour and a half. I will check with security to see if i can or not. I hope They would let me fish there... :D

Nick C

Could be your own little private fishing spot Nick, as long as no one else finds out about it! ;)

Guest Nick C

I gottcha Terry ;) . Full Ghost Recon stealth approach...They won't even know that I was there... :ph34r:

Nick C

Guest Wes

That is where they found a body a few years ago, or am I mistaken. If so the area may but under a close eye so be prepared to answer questions and then be asked to leave.

Guest Nick C

Are you being serious Wes? if so, then extra stealth is required...exiting the bush from the north east side... :ninja: Just kiding. I will just ask security. Maybe that last person got caught...

Nick C