• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Domer

Great way to start off the hardwater season.

Domer

Got out today to Lac de Mille Lac. The three of us decided to venture to Cofin island. Couldn't have picked a better day to have gone fishing. Lines were in at 10:30 and limits were filled by noon. 8 fish over 20" were caught, kept our three and the largest of the bunch was 26 inches which was released after a quick photo was taken. Great fishing for the first one of the year. Ice conditions are great. One ice ridge right after Birch Island. About 12 inches of ice at Coffin island and we were told 14 around birch island. We drove the truck right to the SECRET SPOT. LOL. No pictures to follow. Don't want to have everyone fishing my secret spot, :lol::lol::lol: . Just kidding. Maybe. :lol: Any questions don't be shy to ask I won't be shy to tell.

Thanks

Dom. :D

Guest Kevin Green
Got out today to Lac de Mille Lac. The three of us decided to venture to Cofin island. Couldn't have picked a better day to have gone fishing. Lines were in at 10:30 and limits were filled by noon. 8 fish over 20" were caught, kept our three and the largest of the bunch was 26 inches which was released after a quick photo was taken. Great fishing for the first one of the year. Ice conditions are great. One ice ridge right after Birch Island. About 12 inches of ice at Coffin island and we were told 14 around birch island. We drove the truck right to the SECRET SPOT. LOL. No pictures to follow. Don't want to have everyone fishing my secret spot, :lol::lol::lol: . Just kidding. Maybe. :lol: Any questions don't be shy to ask I won't be shy to tell.

Thanks

How deep of water? What type of lure? What type of bait? and...................What are the GPS Cordinates?

Thanks

Some Old Guy

Right on Domer!

That is a great way to kick off the season! I wouldn't have put the truck on the ice so I'm glad ya made it back!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Melly

Domer you must have been the truck on the other side off coffin island, we were on the opposite side just nailing them too, just a great day of fishing.

Melly

Domer
Domer you must have been the truck on the other side off coffin island, we were on the opposite side just nailing them too, just a great day of fishing.

Melly

Yup that was probably us. White truck.

NWO Fishing Bum

I'm not sure I would have taken a truck out yet......

Sounds like good production for ice fishing. Nice to hear!!

NWO Fishing Bum

Domer
How deep of water? What type of lure? What type of bait? and...................What are the GPS Cordinates?

Thanks

12 ft, Northland Orange rattlin jig, Medium dace. and the coordinates are N48 51.940 W90 20.757.

Any thing else.

Fisherman08

Thanks

Could you please tell me where Coffin Island is in relation to Birch Island. I know where Birch Island is! Is it up closer to Sand Point. I have fished Lac for the first time this Spring after Ice out with a Buddy and we limited out. Fishing Lac reminds of what its like fishing down in Deseronto (Belleville area) I am new to the area within the last year and a 1/2 and love fishing and hunting.

Smokey

Sounds like a great start to the year. Congrats and Thanks for the report.

Guest StrikeMaster

Fishing has been really good out there. I went out last weekend to tow the shack out and get it all set up. Towed it down to Coffin with no problems with the truck. We didn't put much effort into fishing but we still got our limits and let lots go. Got checked by the CO's at the landing on the way off the lake. There is one big pressure ridge that opened up by McKay Bay on the way out but apparently there is a road around it. The ice conditions were good as of the middle of this week but if we get the snow they are predicting I'd imagine the slush will come up with only a foot of ice or so.

Guest Brett S

I was out at lac yesterday and the fishing was pretty good. lots of 16 to 17 inchers plus a nice 6 pounder that i through back. there are a couple of pressure ridges, one at McKay which u can drive over now with having to go all the way around it, and one at sand point but ya just drive over the shore at that one. theres lots of ice to drive on now. (about 15 inches).