• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shmanks

so has anyone been out to hazzlewood and have any luck?

shmanks

im itching to get out and waiting for the skidoo to get fixed and get the ice auger back and was wondering if anyone has had any luck out there? i know that skidoos arent aloud onto the lake we'll just be driving to the lake with it :P

and tips? and does anyone know if the bait shop on dawson road by the truck weigh station is open?

fishingfinn
im itching to get out and waiting for the skidoo to get fixed and get the ice auger back and was wondering if anyone has had any luck out there? i know that skidoos arent aloud onto the lake we'll just be driving to the lake with it :P

and tips? and does anyone know if the bait shop on dawson road by the truck weigh station is open?

I haven't been fishing at Hazelwood yet, but I know the bait shop (Chris' Baits) is open, I was there last weekend.

Guest moto_man

I've been out there twice, there is lots of ice. About 9 or 10" last weekend. Havent had any luck though, tried minnows, worms, grubs. Not even a bite, Chris's baits was open last weekend.

Guest Matt M

I spent about 4 hours there today and didn't have much luck. Set up about 60 yds on this side of the islands and drilled 6 holes anywhere from 8-10 feet of water. Saw a few come through on the vexilar, a couple fish every 15-20 mins. Started around noon and it took close to 2 hours before we could convince a walleye to come up and take a bite. For the remaining 2 hours we saw alot more fish come by and show some interest but nothing to set the hook on. I started out with a 1/4 ounce jig (orange and chartreuse) tipped with a minnow, and on the other line, a sweedish pimple also tipped with a minnow. After an hour or so I decided to downsize and took the minnow off and replaced it with a small piece. For the last 2 hours I tried just a plain hook and minnow with a split shot about 7"-10" up and still no luck. The one walleye we did manage to ice was about 12" and hit the jig and minnow. Saw a few other groups of people come and go after fighting the cold for a while, they mainly stayed close to the docks and close to shore. Anybody been having any luck?

MM

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've been out to hazelwood probably 5 times this year and between two of us we have caught 3 fish, not a great lake this winter.

Brodie K.

shmanks

double post much :o lol well im just waiting for the winter to be over i cant wait for the summer fishing i know of alot of off shore places ;)

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Yeah im really not sure why it posts some of mine twice, very odd indeed.

Cheech

Sometimes it doesn't show right away and/or the add reply was pressed twice unintentionally. No sweat though.We'll fix it up. Just keep posting.