• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Walleye Man

Grouse Hunting for 2008

Guest Kevin Green

So how did everyone else make out this year overall?

I found it to be very slow myself but I didn't hit up the areas I heard where producing better numbers.

Guest Patch

I shot, hmm , let me think......zero. I let whomever I was with shoot them. During the moose hunt though, we saw a lot, and I mean a lotof them.

Bottom Bouncer
I shot, hmm , let me think......zero. I let whomever I was with shoot them. During the moose hunt though, we saw a lot, and I mean a lotof them.

Were you hunting in Ontario? :lol:

REELBAIT

Guest Patch

Hey Nisswa, saw them up the Graham Road. As a group I'd say we saw over fifty. We didn't shoot any of them as we were hunting moose, so we probably saw the same ones a few times.

Bottom Bouncer
Hey Nisswa, saw them up the Graham Road. As a group I'd say we saw over fifty. We didn't shoot any of them as we were hunting moose, so we probably saw the same ones a few times.

That's awesome because that's about 45 more than I saw. My deer count out numbered my grouse count :D

REELBAIT

Mr. Canoehead

SO FAR(season closes Dec. 31st right?) ... I only got one limit, but I never got skunked either. Overall a good year, and it's not done yet. Saw tons of them in the snow on sunday while deer hunting (without success..) they seemed to be in large groups up in the trees and flying around. I'll be going after them this weekend.

Guest BannedCore

We went camping and bird hunting twice in the Nipigon area and it was awful. I stopped hunting to give them a break. My buddies in the Soo were seeing tons so I went down there and we got 29 in two days. they have since seen over 200 grouse this fall.

Guest Nonus

New here and first post :D

Grouse was horrible this year, went numerous times and got ziltch every time. Went up and down Spruce River (Hwy 527) from season start to snowfall and seen in total 2 birds.

Buck 120

Welcome Nonus!

I was reading an article in a hunting magazine that was talking about how certain types of plants develop a toxin that is fatal to grouse. Apparantly this happens during peak years. The article went on to say that the toxin is to blame for the drop in numbers. When the grouse feed on the plant in numbers, it is natures way of having a cull. When the years that follow have less grouse, the plants do not develop the toxin and the cycle starts all over again.

The article was called "Killer Weed" in the Outdoor Canada special issue hunting magazine.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!