• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BigTrout

Can I get onto Lac with my truck?

Guest BigTrout

Hi,

I would like to take my kids ice fishing on Boxing day. Can I drive my truck on the ice? Also, where is the best and cheapest way to get on?

Any information would be great.

And yes, it's a 4x4

Thank you and have a great x mas!

Some Old Guy

Go through Gary's. I think it's ten bucks.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest BigTrout
Go through Gary's. I think it's ten bucks.

Roger

And Gary's is where? Is that by sawmill bay? ( I don't even know where that is...lol)

sinker7

Gary's access is on Sawmill Bay. Turn left off HWY 17 at 'SAWMILL BAY ROAD' just past the trading post. It's a short drive from the highway - stay to the right when the road Y's. Good luck!!

speckmaster

Gary charges you $5 a head, not $10 per truck...or that's what he charges me!

Some Old Guy

Five bucks a head? Ok that makes sense since there are only two of us when we go! I just assumed it was ten a truck. Now I know better.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

TArmstrong

far as I know, garys at sawmill charges ten bucks a truck, at pine point they charge 5 bucks a head.

havent been to pine pt this year, so cant comfirm its the same, but been to sawmill a few times lately, and thats what its been

www.tomarmstrongoutdoors.com

Bottom Bouncer
Is the ice road good? How much snow slush?

I was out at Lac today and Gary charged 10 bucks for the truck. The road is plowed 2 lanes wide to Sand Point. The road continues to Coffin Island But narrows down to one lane fairly quickly. To even consider going off the road you would need 4x4. We had 3 4x4's and we stayed on the main road except to pull off and park. There were trucks going off the main road but we didn't chance it. Were to old to shovel out 3 trucks. We fished the NE corner of Coffin and picked up 19 Wally's between 8 guy's. We fished from 8:45-4:00pm and we were told it had slowed down in the area. But that was one mans opinion. That was are first time we had ever fished there and we stayed away from the main groups. The snow was wet and once you cut holes the water made the area pretty wet and slushi but we did cut alot of holes.

REELBAIT

Guest KINGKAN
Is the ice road good? How much snow slush?

As long as u dont have baloney's for tires you'll be ok. :P:P

Trevor Zimak
I was out at Lac today and Gary charged 10 bucks for the truck. The road is plowed 2 lanes wide to Sand Point. The road continues to Coffin Island But narrows down to one lane fairly quickly. To even consider going off the road you would need 4x4. We had 3 4x4's and we stayed on the main road except to pull off and park. There were trucks going off the main road but we didn't chance it. Were to old to shovel out 3 trucks. We fished the NE corner of Coffin and picked up 19 Wally's between 8 guy's. We fished from 8:45-4:00pm and we were told it had slowed down in the area. But that was one mans opinion. That was are first time we had ever fished there and we stayed away from the main groups. The snow was wet and once you cut holes the water made the area pretty wet and slushi but we did cut alot of holes.

You forgot to mention the reason why we never got our limits was because we had a tough time gettuing fish under 18 inches. Including a nice 26 incher.

Bottom Bouncer
You forgot to mention the reason why we never got our limits was because we had a tough time gettuing fish under 18 inches. Including a nice 26 incher.

Don't want to point the finger at anyone but you were the one who caught more fish than anyone, but you were also the one who couldn't catch one under 18 inches..... maybe next time you can contribute to the catch. :D

REELBAIT

fisherdude

was out there from friday untill tonight...caught alota fish. the best bite was in the morning for sure...unless u like ling and then you would wanna be there at night. Around coffin you can basically drive anywhere if u have 4X4...there was even an excalade out there.

Domer

We were also out there at coffin island yesterday and it was excellent fishing. My first two fish were a 4 pounder and a 7 pounder. unbelievably enough the 7 lb fish was caught on a jigging rod with a small minnow. Usually catch those Walters on big suckers. We also had a hard time catching fish under 18. I got some pictures and video and released them. Weather was great and it was good to see so many people taking advantage of this great weather. Ice conditions are great. 18 inches of ice at coffin we measured. Ice road is in great shape. Hopefully the weather holds up and we can try again this week.

Dom.

Phil

Anybody fish around pine point this weekend? How was the ice/slush and can you travel with a truck out there? Planning on going in the morning and just wondering what we should expect. Thanks in advance for any replies. :D