• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jayfishin

Innes Lake

Jayfishin

Anyone venture to Innes Lake by Dorion for Lakers in the winter...after it opens in Feb?

How is the access summer or winter? Campin spots for a trailer or tent? Boat access - size? Any other info would be helpful?

Thanx in advance...

Jay

Guest TerryK

Know that lake very well. Fishing there is ALWAYS hit or miss. Summer and winter. Don't expect to catch more that 1 or 2 lakers a trip....if that. Boat access is limited. You have to carry a boat in from either road last time I was there. Neither road is plowed in the winter but the west side road is plowed to within about 7-8km of the lake. Camping spots: good luck. Very rocky everywhere but there are a few spots where you might get a tent up. You can also camp at the end of the west road but you'll be 50m from the lake.

The lake gets very slushy on the east end, which just happens to be the best for fishing. Be careful when you come around the point on your right, heading east. There are 2 points right across the narrow bay from that one and the ice is usually decent. Fish that area and the area directly east of there where there is a big flat rock area.

Jayfishin
Know that lake very well. Fishing there is ALWAYS hit or miss. Summer and winter. Don't expect to catch more that 1 or 2 lakers a trip....if that. Boat access is limited. You have to carry a boat in from either road last time I was there. Neither road is plowed in the winter but the west side road is plowed to within about 7-8km of the lake. Camping spots: good luck. Very rocky everywhere but there are a few spots where you might get a tent up. You can also camp at the end of the west road but you'll be 50m from the lake.

The lake gets very slushy on the east end, which just happens to be the best for fishing. Be careful when you come around the point on your right, heading east. There are 2 points right across the narrow bay from that one and the ice is usually decent. Fish that area and the area directly east of there where there is a big flat rock area.

Thanx for the info Terry, I guess I will move that lake farther down my "lakes to visit" list for now. I like trying to get into these types of lakes via sled in the winter...alot easier than in summer months.

Jay