• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Phil

Gary's (Sawmill Bay)

Phil

Does anyone have his phone number or know how the ice road is after the snow Saturday night? Thanks in advance PHIL :D

speckmaster

I had some friends that went out last week and he charged them $5 a guy, not $10 a truck. It seems that the price depends on who you are. This is the second time that he got gouged by Gary. I don't understand why everyone is treated the same.

Phil

I have also paid $5 a person there, what concerns me is the slush and if there is any. Thats why I want to call. Thanks anyways.

Guest Moops

We were out on Friday and the road was great from Garry's to the Sugar Shacks. There was one slush spot in the morning which we drive through without a problem (4X4 of course). In fact there were a couple of smaller SUV's that showed up later in the day (I think maybe a mini van as well). When we left the road was plowed around the slush spot. Like I said that was Friday I am not too sure what the scoop is after the snow fall. The last # I have for Gary's is 986 1731. I am not too sure if it has changed or not.

Moops

Phil

I just called him, he said the road is ok. 1 lane but good, thanks alot Moops for the number.

crisop

when we went out i asked gary how he determines how much. he told me, if you drive it's $10 a truck if you take the snowmachines is $5 a person. sounds like he's not sticking to that though

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

speckmaster

I'm definitely not out to get Gary or do I have a vendetta against him, but as I said the price isn't the same for everyone.

Phil

Went out today and was told $5 a snowmachine and $10 a truck. We drove the truck on the ice road which was in good shape, no slush. We fished sand point and did well especially from 11 - 12:30 when we had most of our action!

Buck 120

Throw some fillets over the fence neighbour. Kidding, I still have some in the freezer.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

fishman1

things have changed at garys from the free parking days to get everyone to his place to only stick it to them after. is gary really the lesser of the two evils?

jiggin rap
things have changed at garys from the free parking days to get everyone to his place to only stick it to them after. is gary really the lesser of the two evils?

Holy crap would some of you guys quit your bickering. Gary offers a great service and should be entitled to something for his efforts. He maintains a road all the way out to sand point in which I've seen him have to update daily. Furthermore, he is glady available to offer ice conditions by telephone which he has no problem advertising if you have ever been to his place. He also keeps tabs on whos arriving and leaving the ice to prevent stranded anglers. Also under numerous circumstances I have seen him offer assistance or tools to anglers in misfortune. Who fricken cares if you paying an extra $5 bucks or so to access the dammed lake. If your that fed up try an alternate access point. Id rather pay Gary than the dude at pine point who I've phoned and asked numerous times on ice conditions only to get a fabled response as, "hmmmm I'm not sure". Ya makes me want to spend $5 a head there.

Go fish Hazelwood I hear the bite is really on out there......

peace

Castnblast
Holy crap would some of you guys quit your bickering. Gary offers a great service and should be entitled to something for his efforts. He maintains a road all the way out to sand point in which I've seen him have to update daily. Furthermore, he is glady available to offer ice conditions by telephone which he has no problem advertising if you have ever been to his place. He also keeps tabs on whos arriving and leaving the ice to prevent stranded anglers. Also under numerous circumstances I have seen him offer assistance or tools to anglers in misfortune. Who fricken cares if you paying an extra $5 bucks or so to access the dammed lake. If your that fed up try an alternate access point. Id rather pay Gary than the dude at pine point who I've phoned and asked numerous times on ice conditions only to get a fabled response as, "hmmmm I'm not sure". Ya makes me want to spend $5 a head there.

Go fish Hazelwood I hear the bite is really on out there......

peace

I agree 100%

speckmaster

You guys just don't get it. I agree that he does provide a great service and paying five bucks a head is still reasonable. What bothers me is that everyone doesn't pay the same. I only go out there once a year, so what he charges doesn't bother me just make it fair across the board!!

Guest drted

The last I heard about 2 days ago is that there is about 4" of slush under the snow in various locations....Birch being one...ice road should be ok if it is being kept plowed

fisherdude

last time i was out there(a couple weeks ago). Archie from sugar shacks told me that the reason for the 5 dollars a person is becuase there is no public access to the lake and the person whos property the road runs through is charging them money to let them use it. I dont remember exactly how much but its alot...hes got a new camp being built soon from the money hes made...that being said garys wife charged us 10 dollars a person but when gary got back from plowing the road he gave us all 5 dollars back and said he was sorry his wife didnt know the price. I say its reasonable.

seppi

Speckmaster,maybe he charges by the rise and fall of inflation(fuel prices ect...) who knows ,but to be able to bring your vehicle out there to stay out of this cold spell...... its priceless !!! I know I'm probably missing the point too,right !!!

Seppi :D

Bear

I have friends on Lake of the Woods who plow ice roads. whenever I see them or they stop by to visit when we are out fishing, I have no problem in giving them some $bucks$, coffee or share my lunch. No I dont have to, but they maintain the roads, maintain and repair their plow vehicles and make it possible for thousands of people to get out to their camps and enjoy the lake. These guys are out there every day and half the nights plowing the roads. They are also the people who come and tow you out if you get stuck or just stop to see if you are OK. I know they go through a couple of sets of tire chains alone every year at about $150.00 per wheel, never mind the punishment their trucks take skipping across the ice.

I see it as just like buying minnows, just part of being able to get out on the ice. Hey and whether its 5 bucks or 10 bucks, its cheap.

My rant for the week.

Bear