• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nonus

Custom Ear Plugs

Guest Nonus

Did anyone get a pair of the custom molded ear plugs? Heard they are suppose to be comfy and work extremely well. Just wondering at the costs of them, the cheap ones kinda suck.

Thefishleclair

I get Custum fit ones from work...I love em...I think the cost is close to $300.00....Or they just tell us that so we wont loose them

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

crisop

i got a pair for work from an ear place in the building next to St Joes and they cost me almost $200 and they work great. a little getting used to but they work good

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest TerryK

I find a wad of perogy dough works great and only costs about $.03 to make. Plus, if you get lost, you have some extra food on hand.

Guest Nonus
I find a wad of perogy dough works great and only costs about $.03 to make. Plus, if you get lost, you have some extra food on hand.

And you get some "cheese" topping on it too.

Guest Nonus

So what makes them so expensive? Don't they just pour some goo into your ear then it hardens? I am sure that goo and the work to polish it up afterwords cannot cost 200.

Thefishleclair

LOL.......Yeah at wrk we get green gook injected in our ear...then the mold gets sent off and a nice fancy orange and clear earplugs come back...

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest TerryK

I could do the same thing with silicone and I only charge $100.00! I inject the stuff, and you go home and wait 24 hours before you take them out, then bob's-your-uncle, you have ear plugs!!

Any takers?????

Guest Nonus
I could do the same thing with silicone and I only charge $100.00! I inject the stuff, and you go home and wait 24 hours before you take them out, then bob's-your-uncle, you have ear plugs!!

Any takers?????

Pass on that, rather not have every ear hair fused into some silicone. However it might stop my brain from leaking out.

Mr. Canoehead

Do you guys wear earplugs while hunting or just for practice shooting? I think if I had earplugs in I would have only got about half the # of grouse this year. And the same # of deer.. lol ..

For shooting I have a set from Crappy Tire that has a wire headband attached to the plugs to hold them in your ears better. Works great. $10.

Guest Nonus

You don't shoot much while hunting, well at least I don't. :)

When plinking and such I wear them. I use a brand new cheap pair of ear muffs that someone left behind at the ever so popular pit down Spruce River. I am going to be buying a better pair though. I have a pair of those cheap reusable ear plugs with the cord from CT, they suck, don't do enough protecting I find.

Also ear plugs don't stop the vibrates you get through your jaw bone (or something like that) which is why ear muffs are better.