• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest adams

when its hot its hot

Guest adams

I, like many others, have heard the old story that some lakes simply produce great fishing in the summer months, and then produce next to nothing in the winter time. Whereas I have heard it working oppositely as well. For example I know that Kashabowie and Athelstane are two lakes that see steady fishing pressure with good results in the summer time but I know of nobody who ice fishes these lakes in the winter. Is there a rhyme or reason to it? Or is it just the way it is?

-adams

Some Old Guy

Hi adams,

If there is fish in the summer then there has to be fish in the winter. It just may be that they totally leave the summer spots in favour of deeper/shallower wintering areas. The only system that I found where fishing is hot in the summer and hurting in the winter is shallow river openings/small river lakes. The fish leave these to find deeper water in the river or move to a deeper lake.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!