• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mnaiman

Little Trout

Guest mnaiman

Hey, does any one know if theres any ice on little trout yet? And if so... is it walkable?

Guest BONESEY
Hey, does any one know if theres any ice on little trout yet? And if so... is it walkable?

Yeaa i drove out to little trout bay yesterday and there was ice. There wasnt any tracks or anything showing that anyone had been out walking on it. I was thinking about going there tomorow with my drill and trying it out.

AB
Yeaa i drove out to little trout bay yesterday and there was ice. There wasnt any tracks or anything showing that anyone had been out walking on it. I was thinking about going there tomorow with my drill and trying it out.

Great news! Thanks for posting that info!

I was thinking of someplace close like that for Sunday.

Hopefully we see your tracks coming back into the landing (and a few bloodstains on the ice)! ;)

Good luck Saturday

iceman

Guest BONESEY
Great news! Thanks for posting that info!

I was thinking of someplace close like that for Sunday.

Hopefully we see your tracks coming back into the landing (and a few bloodstains on the ice)! ;)

Good luck Saturday

iceman

ahah yea, me and my buddy are going to go tomorow afternoon and check it out, ive never fished it before. Ive read posts saying that right out in front of the landing is a good spot to try. I know lake trout seasons not open but i guess we can try for whitefish or steelhead if tehres any cruising around. Ive got a few different jigging spoons and ill probly grab some minnows on the way. Anyone know any good spots to try there or rigs to use?

Guest mnaiman
ahah yea, me and my buddy are going to go tomorow afternoon and check it out, ive never fished it before. Ive read posts saying that right out in front of the landing is a good spot to try. I know lake trout seasons not open but i guess we can try for whitefish or steelhead if tehres any cruising around. Ive got a few different jigging spoons and ill probly grab some minnows on the way. Anyone know any good spots to try there or rigs to use?

Iv had luck there late in the fall for steelhead and salmon on spoons, EGB's seem to really work. i was going to head out on Saturday too so i'll possibly see u there

-cheers

Guest flyinfinn

you can fish for lakers year round on the big lake

Guest BONESEY
you can fish for lakers year round on the big lake

Thats cool i didnt know laker season was all year on the big lake, what are EGBs. Ive got some sweedish pimple spoons and a couple other plated ones.

DO big minnows work well out there, ill likely use two rods one for jigging and suspend a big minnow under the toehr one.

Some Old Guy

IT's not open all year round. It's open Jan 1 to Sept 30. Sport fishing limit is 3.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest BONESEY
IT's not open all year round. It's open Jan 1 to Sept 30. Sport fishing limit is 3.

Roger

Anybody wana give away any hot spots in the bay? or is most the fishing done directly in front of the launch?

AB
Anybody wana give away any hot spots in the bay? or is most the fishing done directly in front of the launch?

Bonesy,

Little Trout Bay is a "Hot Spot" or a fishless trough depending on the day.

Many people who fish there don't have snow machine or quads and simply walk out several hunderd yards and start fishing.

On an East wind, the west end of the bay can be good for Jumbo whities. Out near the open water at the mouth of the bay, lake trout are more prevalent.

As for structure, there is a rock shelf extending of the south west edge of Cloud Bay into Little Trout. I've picked tons of Lakers off of it in the summer but have never fished it in the winter. THere are a couple of "surprise rocks" along the Southern shore well east of the landing and last but not least an old beaver house area across from the landing.

Off the landing, in 40 feet of water I have caught enough Whitefish and Herring to keep me happy. Over the years we've caught a few lake trout and salmon as a bonus.

The thing is it's close and easy, If you haven't marked a fish there in 45 minutes to an hour you can go home and it's not a big production.

iceman