• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Iron Ranger

Hi All, New here

Iron Ranger

I have been enjoying the board & thought I would make my first post.

I would enjoy chatting with anyone that fishs Clearwater West Lake & White Otter Lake.

I have been fishing both for over twenty years now. White Otter is just an awsome lake!

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Some Old Guy

Hey Iron Ranger!

Welcome to the board. I also really enjoy fishing Clearwater. I make a one week trip there every year. Great for the kids and pretty good fishing also.

I haven't been into White Otter yet though. Maybe this year!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Iron Ranger

Hi Roger, you really should make the trip into White Otter. Great fishing & see the castle. One of the most stunning lakes I have seen.

Lg. Walleyes & very good lake trout fishing.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Some Old Guy

I have heard that from a buddy of mine. I'll head into White Otter this year for the day. When do you usually fish that area?

Roger

Trevor Zimak

Are their bass in it?

Bottom Bouncer
Are their bass in it?
Are..."there"...bass in it? I love correcting "ENGLISH TEACHERS"! :D

REELBAIT

Iron Ranger
I have heard that from a buddy of mine. I'll head into White Otter this year for the day. When do you usually fish that area?

Roger

We fish it several times during the year. White Otter does not open for fishing until June 15th.

We are up there for the 15th. At times it is hard to find a walleye under 18" Everyone in our group throws a few dollars in the pot for the biggest walleye & it seems that it takes a 28"-32" to take the pot. After that the walleyes go deep.

What time of year are you going to be there?

Some Old Guy

I'm usually at Clearwater at the end of July, beginning of August.

I love jigging lakers!

Roger

Iron Ranger

Have you been jigging off Joke'ys (sp?) rock?

Some Old Guy

I'm not sure what it is called but I do jig out on a sand flat in, on an average 70 feet, of water in the summer. There is a huge round boulder on shore that I use for a reference point. I'm not sure what compass point I'm heading but if you look out onto the lake from the lodge it's over to your left towards the out post camp.

Roger

Some Old Guy

Trev,

There's bass in Clearwater. I think I told you about the hogs I caught over 70 feet of water about 20-25 feet down. Huge bass.

Roger

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Welcome to the board! It's a great place you've found here. Enjoy.

Brodie K.

Iron Ranger

I know the spot you are talking about. There are many other good jigging spots to try though.

Jokey's rock is up the lake all the way. There is a rock wall that rises from the lake 10' to 15'. It is about 300-500 yds. to the left of the north outpost.

Trust me late July-Aug. it is fantastic!

Heddon sonars work well along with buzz-bombs.

Get there early AM. 20-30 lakers are the avg. in the morning. They run from about 4-10#'s

I am assumeing your spot is called Finlanders point. Good evening spot.

Some Old Guy

Sonars work great but so do Cicadas. I have to find a source for Cicadas as I am running low on them. These are one of my favourite ice fishing lures also.

The rock you are speaking of I have no idea where that is.........

Roger

Iron Ranger

I posted where Jokey's rock was on my previuos post.

Some Old Guy

Yes I saw that. But I still don't really know where Jokey's Rock is. What side of the lake is Brown's On? That'll help me gets me bearings.

Roger

Iron Ranger

I guess my best advice is to talk to Wayne (Barry's brother). He lives on top of the hill. He is by far the best jigging person there.

Jokeys rock is up the lake all the way to the north outpost. From there go to the left 300-500 yds.

You will see the rock wall comeing out from the shore. You're depthfinder will show anything from 60' to 100'. Lots of pockets!

Have you been to the far end of Clearwater?

Late July is nice up there. Great beach! Nothing better than comeing back from fishing & hopping in the sauna. Hop in the lake in between!

Iron Ranger

Thanks Nick

Maybe you & all the others can help me out with the Steehead fishing up your way?

You guys are great!

Some Old Guy

Ahhh I know now where you speak of. I caught a few lakers there in the afternoon but it was mostly whitefish in the afternoon. I'll have to try it in the morning.

Roger

fisherdude

where abouts is this lake? sounds really interesting..how big is it?

Some Old Guy

It's north of Atikokan. The beach is second to none! Fishing is great and a great place for the kids.

Roger

Iron Ranger
It's north of Atikokan. The beach is second to none! Fishing is great and a great place for the kids.

Roger

Kudos Roger!

Have been going up there for so long.

Brought my son up there when he was 7.

He is going up there with his bride & son now.

Great beach & sauna!!!