• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bear

Sea Foam

Bear

Have you guys ever tried this. I put some in my snow machine, it was running crapy, bogging out and backfiring. I let it sit for a day and then ran it, it runs like a new machine.

My buddy tells me to put a capful in my ice auger every tank full and it will run a lot better. He recommends it for all gas powered engines. Apparently it cleans out all the varnish and crap that accumulates, especially when sitting for extended periods.

Bear

eyelander

I use it for my 3.3 hp Mariner outboard, because it rarely ever gets throttled up to full speed on a fishing trip. Usually start trolling right away, and all day thereafter.

I have also used it in my ice auger. It is petroleum based. One guy I met uses it to keep his truck running, as it burns a bit of oil now. But, it does cause a lot of smoke if you have to use the full amount, your neighbours might not like you too much on a beautiful saturday afternoon if you use it to get your vehicle operating a bit better than it was before.

But it does indeed clean everything out.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Happyjack

I have started using it in all my gasoline powered engines. It works a treat if you ask me. My 1975 Cub Cadet lawn tractor was running crappy until I gave it a shot through the open carb. Now she runs like a top and starts easier too. Same goes for my chainsaw and 1942 Farmall Super A.

Scotty

Buck 120

Where do you buy this stuff? Canadian tire?

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

RJS

I just started using this stuff myself. I used it for my snow blower and used it for the auger. I might try it in the truck. You can pick some up at Napa or Wes-T-rans on Russell St. It definitely works and I hear it's great for outboards. Rob.

Garbie

Sea foam is unbelievable. I bought a second hand DT115 Suzuki that had sat for two years. Ran it at home on the muffs and seemed to be ok (no load). Idle was a bit rough, but assumed it was from old gas. Took the boat out on a fresh tank of gas and could not get anywhere close to WOT RPMs and still had bad idle. Brought it home and checked it over spark, compression, fuel lines, and filter. Filter was dirty and i thought that might have been the problem. Took it out again, and still had the same results. Took off the carb air box and ran a bunch of "carb cleaner" through it. Then add some to another cruise-a-day. Took it out again with little change in performance or idle. Back at home again, a neighbor put me onto seafoam. I checked out the bottle no flash, just a plain bottle, I was a little skeptical. So i ran a bunch through the carbs again, and let it sit like the instructions said. Restarted the motor and had much better idle, but with out a load on I could tell about the WOT. Next i took a heavily concentrated mixture of seafoam and mixed gasoline, I put the fuel line right in the bottle and let the engine suck out of there. I continued to vary the throttle slightly, nothing over 2500 rpm and never sustained. After it had sucked it all up, (about a litre in like 2 min) I let it idle. The results were amazing, idle had become pretty well perfect and the engine was much easier to start, but I wasn't sure about when under load. I figured that the main jets hadn't gotten much seafoam through them so I decided to add a bunch to another cruise-a-day. I mixed it at about 15 litres gas and 500ml seafoam. Took it out again and ran around WOT for a while, still could not hit my top rpm. No I was getting pretty discouraged, I loved the fact that the idle was restored, but was not looking forward to cleaning/rebuilding the carbs. Just as I got down to about the last 5 litres, the motor jumped to life, instally accelerating and hitting 4500 rpm. then a bog, then back to life, then a bog, then back to life, this time for much longer sustained time, then out of gas, lol. Switched to the main tank which I had added seafoam to already, but in a much less concentrated amount. Once fired back up I was under way again, and haven't skipped a beat since. Currently i have the seafoam in the tank to help stabalize for winter, i'll let you know how that goes in the spring.

All i can say is that I had unbelievable results and would recomend it to anyone.

Note: Not sure of its characteristics possibly causing a lean or rich condition. I wouldn't suggest running a high concentration at high rpm's