• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bear

SSS Lodging

Bear

I am looking for a camp to rent the week of the SSS on Shebandowan. It would be for 4 adults(2 couples) and one child. Inside facilities would be nice. A beach or somewhere to swim would be good too.

If you have one or know someone, drop me a line. I would like to prefish the entire week, instead of just a few days. I may even go to upper. (HAHA)

Bear

GC 54

You will need all week to find 'upper', we moved it on you. We have also moved all of the big bass out of 'upper' over the past few years.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Trevor Zimak

I believe that is a huge topic for debate. I do not believe that these fish are all returning to upper. Maybe 25%. I have talked to a lot of cottage owners who have camps on the lower lake, and they have said that over the past 4-5 years the bass population has sky-rocketted on the lower lake. I know I have not fished the lower section during the tournament yet, but will be giving it a good go this year.

Trevor Zimak
I am looking for a camp to rent the week of the SSS on Shebandowan. It would be for 4 adults(2 couples) and one child. Inside facilities would be nice. A beach or somewhere to swim would be good too.

If you have one or know someone, drop me a line. I would like to prefish the entire week, instead of just a few days. I may even go to upper. (HAHA)

Bear

Beda's is not a bad place and there is a beach you can swim at. www.bedaslodge.com (only problem is they need to get that stupid background of there site and replace it with bass) You can also try the Hagi's Wilderness Discovery Camp located on lower. (807) 926-2004. Book now I heard they are fairly full for the summer.

Bear

Now I got all you guys going to Lower, I am going to Upper, haha

BB

Jayfishin

Kashabowie Lake Resort (on upper) has cabins, boat launch, docks, nice swim area below small set of falls on river.

Burstroms (on lower) has trailer sites and is under new ownership.

Jay

NWO

Just fish on the upper and lower sections of middle and you'll do fine.

Guest JEG67
I believe that is a huge topic for debate. I do not believe that these fish are all returning to upper. Maybe 25%. I have talked to a lot of cottage owners who have camps on the lower lake, and they have said that over the past 4-5 years the bass population has sky-rocketted on the lower lake. I know I have not fished the lower section during the tournament yet, but will be giving it a good go this year.

I agree Trevor. I'm on lower Shebandowan myself and there has been alot of talk out there about bass numbers increasing greatly on lower. Will this effect the young walleye population, I don't know. I know many cottage owners would like to see the bass moved back up the lake. I don't know if this is common practice anywhere else, but maybe it's something for the SSS & SFBC organizers to look at before it becomes a big issue with the shebandowan campers.

Trevor Zimak

My original post was more of a feeler to see what people thought on the subject. I caught much fewer fish on the upper lake last year, but this could also be due to other variables. Upper is bigger than lower and middle and I think the weather affected upper more dramatically last year than it did lower and middle. Which made for tough fishing. However, the bass in lower Shebandowan over the last four or five years may just be a result of the expansion of bass in Shebandowan and their recent success due to some good year classes (good spawning years). The other consideration is that the SSS and the SFBC has drawn more attention to the bass fishery on Shebandowan and more people are targetting them specifically; as a result, it would appear as though there are more bass in the lake. With that being said, I'm sure some of the bass find suitable habitat near the release site or elsewhere after the tournaments and don't return all the way to where they were originally caught. There are a bunch of telemetry and tagging studies that indicate bass travel in excess of 20km to return to the same areas they were originally caught. There has been some studies done around the NWO and the States that indicate this.

Some Old Guy

As an organizer of the S.S.S. I would love to bring the bass back to their original locations. But as there are anglers who travel and catch fish between middle and upper or lower middle upper or any combination of, how do we know which fish came from where?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest JEG67

I would say over the past 4-5 years the majority of the larger bass have been caught past the upper narrows. Now if these two tourneys are moving 200-300 (or more ) large bass from one end of the lake to the other every year, wouldn't this have some effect on the entire fishery, especially given that upper and lower Shebandowan are almost completely different habitats ( temp, structure, food, fishing pressure,etc. ). Maybe one year all the fish from atleast one of the tourneys could be moved to right to sawmill bay to offset the numbers of bass that have already been moved.

Trevor Zimak
As an organizer of the S.S.S. I would love to bring the bass back to their original locations. But as there are anglers who travel and catch fish between middle and upper or lower middle upper or any combination of, how do we know which fish came from where?

Roger

Rog,

This can be easily done. When the team signs their weigh in slip you ask them what section of the lake they primarily fished. 1, 2 or 3. 1 being lower, 2 middle, and 3 upper. The only problems you will run into is having the proper boat to hold 200+ fish and then release them to those areas.

The shimano live release boat is in the area during this time (might be in Fort at the time) Not sure who to contact, but if we had access to it im sure you could pull it off.

When is the next committee meeting?