• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uncle

Fish Story

uncle

When I was a youngster I used to go crick fishing with my grandfather. We had a shady spot down in some bottomground where the branches hung low across the water and the catfish were large and plentiful, and pretty dang smart as well. So one day we went down there and baited up our hooks and cast out into the lazy water, and waited.

There was a stump about halfway out in the crick, poking up out of the water, with a hickory nut on top of it. Presently, my grandfather observed that a squirrel was up in one of the trees, eyeballing that hickory nut. As we watched, this goofy squirrel ran along a branch until it was about halfway across the crick, and then jumped to another, smaller branch that drooped from the squirrels weight. Using this method the squirrel eventually positioned itself on a narrow, pencil thin branch, that sagged so far down that the squirrel was able to jump and land on the stump. Well the branch, once minus the weight of the squirrel, snapped back up into the air and that poor critter was now stuck, on a stump, in the middle of the crick! Poor little bugger didn't even realize his predicement until he was finished with the hickory nut, and then he kind of went into a panic. He was flicking his tail and chattering away and making a big commotion and all the sudden, BAM!, a behemoth monster catfish lept out of the water and swallowed that crazy squirrel tail and all!

Well, my grandfather and I were astounded to say the least! We both agreed that it was the most stupefying thing we'd ever seen, and decided that nobody would ever believe us if we told the story...

And actually, if anyone reading this still believes the story up until now, then I guess you'll not be shocked when I tell you how about four minutes later, that behemoth monster catfish came back and put another nut on the stump!