• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

July Trip

Gone8to1248

I plan on coming up to the Thunder Bay area for 3 weeks in July and was wondering if anyone could recomend some nice lakes west of Kashabowie towards Antikokan way to take the new boat out on and try out? Would like to find some new smallmouth lakes and do some practicing on with different structures. I will already be fishing on Shebandowan and Kashabowie. Have never really been past Antikokan. Thanks Would also be willing to run up to the Ignace area and give it a try also.

gone8to1248

gauge
I plan on coming up to the Thunder Bay area for 3 weeks in July and was wondering if anyone could recomend some nice lakes west of Kashabowie towards Antikokan way to take the new boat out on and try out? Would like to find some new smallmouth lakes and do some practicing on with different structures. I will already be fishing on Shebandowan and Kashabowie. Have never really been past Antikokan. Thanks Would also be willing to run up to the Ignace area and give it a try also.

gone8to1248

Barrel lake has some great bass fishing, and its not to far from Kash.

Gauge

www.teamnosa.com

www.kidney.ca

Guest Melly

crystal lake by Quetico is a good bass lake,nice pike and lake trout too.Also five minutes down the road on the side of the highway is Niomi or niobi lake one of the two, that has some good bass fishing.

Melly

Guest Munshaw

Many of the lakes in the Quetico area are nice, ie. Eva lake. If you are willing to go a bit further however, there's a few GREAT lakes north of Atikokan like Turtle, Clearwater West, and White Otter. Have only fished them a few times, and I don't normally target bass, but I saw some nice ones come out of there.

Guest adams

Perch Lake and Calm Lake are both pretty good fisheries with great access. Actually the whole Seine River is pretty sweet too. McAuley Lake holds some big pike and big lake trout as well. Cant go wrong with any of these.

-adams

Guest Hoistanen

gone8to1248

Hey Bernie - I'm right in Atikokan. Rather than have your head spin with people rattling off awesome bass lake names in the Atikokan area, why don't we just plan a trip when you're up this way in July. Funny nobody thus far mentioned the floodwaters system on which our bass tournament is held. That would be my #1 choice. I have a camp on Eva, and have fished Crystal and Niobe several times - all great lakes, but nowhere near the bass fishery that the floodwaters is.

Guest Melly
Hey Bernie - I'm right in Atikokan. Rather than have your head spin with people rattling off awesome bass lake names in the Atikokan area, why don't we just plan a trip when you're up this way in July. Funny nobody thus far mentioned the floodwaters system on which our bass tournament is held. That would be my #1 choice. I have a camp on Eva, and have fished Crystal and Niobe several times - all great lakes, but nowhere near the bass fishery that the floodwaters is.

Is there any positions left for the atikokan tournament? I want to get in for next year.

Melly