• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Spam attacks on the board.

Some Old Guy

Well,

I found out that some one kindly submitted this board to a spam directory. This is impossible to get out of because now as this board is in thousands of spammers hands. Thanks a bunch to the person who did this.

I'll keep this board going for as long as I can till I raise the funds to switch over to VB.

This has happened to a few other fishing and hunting sites. I'm guessing Anti groups caused this to slow us and many others down. The IPB boards got it the worst.

The spammers can't get in to post as I shut down new registrations as they were. Now I have to activate them.

So I'll keep plugging along until I can switch over. If any guest wants to register please register and email me at mayerrc@tbaytel.net and that way I'll know you are a legit account. Please state your user name in the email to me so I can activate your account.

Thanks to all who held in, to the people who alerted the mods and to the mods. Thank you!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

It's so unfortunate this is happening. I would be terribly sad to see this board go. I come here everyday and its as habitual and as enjoyable as fishing, especially in the winter.

Roger your doing a great job we can't ask for a more concerned and involved person. Keep up the amazing work, I know it's not always easy.

Brodie K.

Guest Nonus

I am sure they just go to top forum sites and then compile a list. I am sure these boards are on a few here and there.

Hope you have a nice big post somewhere that newbies can read so they find this info out before they get fed up and leave.

Gone8to1248

Roger how much do we need money wise to switch the board over? Remember I still owe you the balance of my pledge and I'm sitting on it until you say you need it. Just let us all knoow and I'm sure we can do something about it.

Bernie

gone fishin'

Pardon my ignorance, but what is VB?

Some Old Guy

Don't worry, there will be a message board!

I set the message board so that when someone tries to register I get an email now and I have to manually activate it. This spamming thing is trying to register every 3 minutes! So imagine my email box when I got home from a 10 hour shift and I have to go through each one to make sure that I don't delete a legit registration!

Roger

Buck 120

Especially on dial up eh Roger? I think we should all petition TBAYTEL or Shaw to get high speed for Rog LOL

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Some Old Guy

YEs! No fun on dial up especially when I have to go server side to delete these accounts!

All part of owning this...........

Roger

Guest Nick C

It tries to register every 3 mins? :o Thats one crazy robot. If I ever find it... I will rip out its circuit box and mount above my fireplace! :angry:

Nick C

Guest Nonus

Nick, take it easy!

Have you tried changing the anti robot question, if it is something that they aren't programmed for then they won't be able to register. Those graphics with numbers and a line through it apparently doesn't work. Change it to something that would require thinking like walleye backwards or something :D

PS: I think we should petition Nick to calm down, he is going to blow a gasket.

Guest Nick C

:lol: . I am calm. And Nonus, the anti robot questions or "CAPTCHAS" arn't fool proof. These new robots have the ability to break right through them and pose as a legitimate member. Thats why they are so hard to stop. The best ones are the common sense questions like how many legs does a dog have etc... But, these robots seem to be able to bypass them. Technology is always prgressing, and not always in a good way. We develop ways to try stop them and then they eventually develop ways to get around them. It really is a cyber war.

Nick C