• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest 247fishnhunt

Ice Condition on Superior

Guest 247fishnhunt

Just curious if anyone knows if it is still safe to go out at Silver Harbor. Looking to go out tomorrow mornig.

Guest Matt M

In my opinion it is still safe out there. I was out there all day, walked out about a mile, and there was still plenty of ice, and the wasn't as much slush as I had expected, maybe 4-5 inches. Its starting to freeze up already. Some guy in a car drove halfway to the island and didnt have a problem. Maybe I will see you out there.

MM

Guest 247fishnhunt

I will fishing straight out and to the right in a blue portable hut. Stop by if you are out.

Guest Matt M
I will fishing straight out and to the right in a blue portable hut. Stop by if you are out.

Are you going for lakers or herring?

Guest 247fishnhunt

I will be hoping to catch a laker or two but really just catch a couple fish is the goal.

speckmaster

I just picked up a Humminbird Ice 55 and I think it's great. I used to have a FL 18 that worked well, but I'm much happier with the new Humminbird.

Make sure you bring your vexilar, the trout have been a little picky lately.

CaddisMan

Was out there today. Slushy, but not a problem. Stop and buy a Williams 50 wt Silver/Blue before you head out. Hitting that spoon the best. From 65' to 77' of water pretty much anywhere out there. We moved lots to keep the action going. Good Luck.

RickJames ;)