• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest LAMF

hawkeye access by foot?

Guest LAMF

is there anywhere else to walk onto the lake except the public landing? how is the fishing within a short (20 min max.) walk from the landing? any tips on where to go would be great, lake trout, pike, walleye, perch, I don't really care, just want to catch a few fish for kicks.

thank you

NWO Fishing Bum

Yep, take a look at Google Earth and you'll see several spots. And don't be shy, wherever there is only a few meters of forest between the road and lake, pull over and bush-whack. I never let uncertainty over property ownership be a deterrent. Unless there is a private property sign immediately adjacent to the road, exactly where I've pulled over, plausible deniability is guaranteed!

NWO Fishing Bum

Bear

Actually the Trespass to Property Act states the onus is on the person wishing to use the property to ascertain who owns it and get permission to use it. Sign or no sign.

It could save you a ticket and a fine. Best to ask for permission.

Bear

NWO Fishing Bum

Fair enough, but if it's crown land (i.e., owned by the residents of Ontario) one need ask only him/herself. In N. Ontario bush, if there's no sign or fence, there is no rerason to believe it is not crown land. A charge, in the vast majority of circumstances, would not withstand a court challenge (assuming that it really matters; that somebody is anal enough to care). It would get tossed....like I said, plausible deniability!

Right now, apparently nobody wants to take the case of our Prime Minister (at the time, Federal Opposition Leader), asking his party lieutenants to offer a bribe in the form of a life insurance policy to a dying MP, in exchange for his vote in the House of Commons, to court. But when some guy unknowingly crosses what appears to be 50m of public forest to go ice fishing....spare me the legalities Bear. I'm trying hard to live in the paradigm of realism!

NWO Fishing Bum

Bear

You seem a little sensitive, are you needing to go fishing or just need a hug.

I am just stating that you could be charged and thats what the law states, of course it would be up to the discretion of the CO or police officer who happens upon you. I personally dont go if I dont know. I have thrown people off my property dressed in orange with rifles on their backs, another with an axe wanting to cut a christmas tree off my yard and people just wanting access to the river.

It is the law and like I said I would not go where I am not sure it is public land, without permission.

Have a great weekend.

Bear

Chuck

Greetings to this controversial aspect of this discussion Being not only a fisherman, I am also a claim staker/prospector and have happened across this problem a couple of times..Landowners.... "flabbergasted"... that I have the legal right (unless the they own the mining rights)... to erect a post on their property.. and be within the law in doing so

That doesen't give me the right to trespass though. It's up to the individual who is going fishing/hunting/hiking to know which is public or private. Many landowner, if you approach them with a hand shake and an introduction will let you have access across their property.

Respect can be rewarded, abuse it and loose it.

Maps are available for the info you need. I woulda picked a better lake though

keep yer auger sharp

Git "er done

NWO Fishing Bum

Sure, it's Valentine's Day, I'll take a hug!

NWO Fishing Bum

Bear

Thanks Chuck. I totally agree with you. When i lived in Calgary and hunted in the mountains, we always found that exact approach worked with ranchers. They would 99% of the time give you permission to hunt on their land, most times help you out and even help get your game back to the truck.

The problem sometimes with letting people cut across your property is that you get taken advantage of. I m not saying anyone on this board would do it, however I and others have cleaned up the mess left behind by others at landings, along and in rivers, lakes, creeks and along roads. Some people are just pigs. Not only that they carve up trails and roads, because they dont know how to drive their quads and 4 x 4's and think it is cool to get stuck in the mud. I get a big kick out of gun shots in my back yard along the roadway in the fall. These experienced hunters dont know how to work the bush, but are very able to shot deer off your septic field, and would be happy to leave the gut pile behind to feed the birds.

If I grant someone permission to use my property or go across it, I have one rule....leave it like you found it. If I find someone there that should not be there, I ask them to leave and if they dont, I let the police deal with it. Thats why there are laws.

Best to ask permission and if not granted or you dont know who owns the property, stay off.

Have a great day.

Bear