• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Davis Viehbeck

Smith's RV Boat Show

Davis Viehbeck

Hey All,

Smith's RV Centre has a PILE of new Crestliner's on display indoors at the store. There are about 25 boats to take a look at.

NWO Fishing Bum

Oh yeah...have they got their prices in line with dealers in S. Ontario, Manitoba or south of the border, or are they still charging "The Thunder Bay Premium?"

NWO Fishing Bum

Jayfishin

I noticed that the new package price for the fish hawk 16' with the 50hp 2stroke Merc has jumped $2000+ since the end of the boating season in 08?

A friend of mine bought one from Smith's last year and we got out on Superior last summer. Very nice boat, but he upgraded to a 75hp 4 stroke Merc which matches this boat much better.

Crestliner makes a very nice boat but once again it pays to shop around, especially when you are talking thousands of dollars.

I have shopped at Smith's over the years and I have to admit it has gotten somewhat better compared to some bad experiences my family and friends experienced on major purchases in the past.

I wonder if this increase in price is due to the new US exchange rates and/or due to the fact that the beginning of the boating season if coming and things are always priced more this time of year?

Jay

Bear

Yep all the prices have gone up and expect to pay more due to the $$ exchange. I am seeing an increase in all the parts and components I buy from the US.

Same old story, you have to shop around and negotiate your best price.

Bear

Some Old Guy

Yes, The dollar exchange is the factor. This is with all places. Sure shop around but make sure that you have the price quote of a less expensive dealer and present it to a local dealer. You never know what may happen.

I know that I'm supposed to advocate for who I'm a pro staff for, but, for the better of the local communtiy I will say that a friend of mine did shop around for a Crestliner last year and Smiths was willing to deal and so he bought from Smiths. Give our local dealers a fair bite of the sales.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Davis Viehbeck

I know the package you're referring to and a lot of people are going to have sticker shock from last year's AWESOME exchange rate. On average, boats are 20-30% more in cost this year just due to the exchange.

-DV

Yes, The dollar exchange is the factor. This is with all places. Sure shop around but make sure that you have the price quote of a less expensive dealer and present it to a local dealer. You never know what may happen.

I know that I'm supposed to advocate for who I'm a pro staff for, but, for the better of the local communtiy I will say that a friend of mine did shop around for a Crestliner last year and Smiths was willing to deal and so he bought from Smiths. Give our local dealers a fair bite of the sales.

Roger

Jayfishin

Of course it is worth trying to buy local. I will always give the local dealers a chance to price match or atleast make up the difference (ie. if travel is required to get a better deal). Obviously buying local is better for warranty and service related issues as well.

I will support our city's businesses whenever possible, we have a great city here to look after! With the way the economy is going we need to stick together thru the thick and thin.

Jay

Gone8to1248

Boat deals and Motor dealers down here have raised thier prices across the board. thats because the manufactures have raised them.

AB

Smiths will deal, just be reasonable, firm and most of all patient.

I bought a package off them last year. It took a while, but I paid what I was prepared to for what was offered. It took a while but in the end I am a satisified customer.

like the guy in the commercial says "It's your money".

Spend it where you want, but don't complain when a dealer can't sell you something at a price that would put him out of business. Just find someone who will and don't complain if he isn't in your hometown. Thunder Bay isn't exactly the cheapest place to do business whether it's retail or commercial.

The post sales service has been worth waiting on the deal, not to mention the improved pricing on other items as a result of staying a local customer to a local merchant.

iceman