• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eyelander

Lac Feb. 15th

eyelander

Finally got out fishing after no fishing for 6 months. It was an easy trip, drove out on the ice road through Gary's, and just pulled over near a bunch of huts.

There are some bad slush spots on the road, saw one extended cab GMC stuck with the guys shoveling on the left turn(traveling south) just past Sand Point going into the cluster of huts there by the big island.

We fished about a kilometer north of Coffin Island area.

002.jpg

001.jpg

All lines in by 9:20 and called it a day at 3:30

Set lines with 6 inch sucker minnow did all the work today. I had one hit a jig. Tried lots of different ones, got the hit on a Chubby Darter but no hookup.

My bud landed 2 pike jigging, that was it. He had lots of fish come up off bottom and look at his offerings, then drop away(other than the 2 pike).

We each landed 4 walleye. I got one 15", two 17", and my one over 18.1:(46 cm) to complete my limit. My bud could only keep 2, one 15", one 20", and landed 2 others over the 46 cm mark, but they had to go back since he already had his one over. We also landed 3 pike, one by me, 2 for my bud, and he also had a bite off(probably a pike).

My 24" fish, camera was accidentally on the wrong setting, but I didn't know that at the time.

007.jpg

My limit for the day.

021.jpg

We were surprised the set lines outdid the jigs today, its usually the other way around.

I am going to enjoy breakfast tomorrow, as they are still defrosting in the refrigerator.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

eyelander

Thanks Phil, they are still pretty darned stiff, it probably only got up to -10C yesterday, and with the SW wind at 15 kmh, it didn't take them too long to freeze up.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

fishman1

feb-16th, just returned from pine point. ski-dooed out 2 miles. morning very slow. the dinner bells rang at noon and limited out by 1-30. nothing jigging, suckers on still lines in 25feet were the ticket.

Guest flyinfinn

My son and i just got back from lac also looks like we were fishing very close to ware you were eyelander. Set lines with medium large minnows out fished the jig today for us to. although we did get 4 on a jig, we landed 13 walleye and 11 pike. a few were under 13 and 3 were over 20. we also got the truck stuck pulled off the road a little to far no big deal...