• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jayfishin

Thunder Bay Lake Trout lakes

Jayfishin

I am hoping to head out for lakers on friday. I have a sled so access to a more remote location is preferred. I'd like to make the day trip a bit of an adventure to somewhere new.

I have not fished for lakers around thunder bay in the winter and am looking for some suggestions to try on Friday?

I have reviewed some crimestopper maps listing "LT", any input on the following?

Innes

Northern Lights

Burchell

Greenwater

Superior

Other suggestions?

PM any suggestions please.

Thanx in advance.

Jay

Guest TerryK

Innes will most likely be very slushy. It always gets that way late in the winter. Plus the fishing is mostly slow going. I fished it for many years every winter/summer and I've caught some nice trout, but they are tough to catch and few and far between.

Haven't fished any of the others in many years.

Guest Beamer

I like Superior and it seldom lets me down, there are always lakers whitefish and ciscoes not to mention steelhead and salmon every now and then.

P20704112.jpg

P1130071.jpg

P11300702.jpg

P20704072.jpg

:D Beamer

Bear

Beamer

You are blessed. You always have such great pictures of the fishing with the family.

Good on you.

Bear

troutchaser29
Innes will most likely be very slushy. It always gets that way late in the winter. Plus the fishing is mostly slow going. I fished it for many years every winter/summer and I've caught some nice trout, but they are tough to catch and few and far between.

Haven't fished any of the others in many years.

Anyone ever fish Wiggins (near Innes)? I remember going there about 15 years ago, it was such a gorgeous tiny little lake. Does anyone ever fish that in the winter?

Guest TerryK
Anyone ever fish Wiggins (near Innes)? I remember going there about 15 years ago, it was such a gorgeous tiny little lake. Does anyone ever fish that in the winter?

Also fished Wiggins (20 minute walk from camp) and it gets very little pressure for such a nice lake but it doesn't seem to be a super productive lake in the winter. Might be worth a try though.

Jayfishin

Thanx for the suggestions.

Now if I could only get my work to stop screwing up my fishing trip plans!

I will definitely make notes on these lakes for future trips.

Hoping the warmer weather will return soon. This has been a long winter of cold weather, but atleast we got snow with it.

You gotta like ice fishin in March and April when you are sitting on some remote spot wearing only your sweatshirt, catching fish and some rays!

Jay

Chuck

Lac Des Illes up Hyw 527 has a healthy population of lake trout

I usually fish east bay off the point and between the island It drops down into about 25 - 30 ft of water but if you fish in about 8-12 ft you can expect to get some monster pike

You can get a hydrographic chart of the lake it is full of reefs points and islands

Very rarely do you see anyone ice fishing There is a trap trail on the right hand side about a half mile from the mine Haven't been there this year so I can"t tell you about ice conditions

But I do recommend a ten inch power auger :blink: Namebien, Mackenzie and Caribou in Armstrong are pretty good at times, but with the price of gas you might consider an overniter

There are great Speck opportunities at Blue ,and Secret , well worth the trip

Have a great day ...Chuck

Git "er done

Thefishleclair

Flew over Lac Des Isles Today...Saw no tracks on it but didnt see many Dark spots either....Chuck That Road there is and old Exploration trenching/ Sampling trail...We used to call it Sh!% House trail....Spent many a Day fishing on LDI and the pike I have on my wall was pulled from there....Lakers was another story..

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB