• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Domer

Lac De Mille Lac

Domer

I always wondered what ever came of the walleyes that were equiped with transmitters in order to collect information of their spawning habits and the actuall travel that they do in order to get to the spawning areas. Was there ever any information released? I believe this was nearly 7-10 years ago this was done. Hopefully someone has some kind of information or reading material about these walleyes. I have heard of a few of these walleyes being caught but then released. It would be interesting to know the information that has been gathered about these female walleyes. Anyone else know what I am talking about?

Thanks

Dom.

tracker

Yes there was a telemetry study done way back. I will have to dig deep to find some of the info. The question at the time was does all the walleye spawn in Sawmill Bay and Savanne River. Walleye were caught and tagged from different lake basins and they were tracked through the spawn. 1/3 of the fish tagged returned to the bay and the river, the rest spawned on lake shoals.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Domer

Hey thanks Tracker that was an interesting read. Are these fish still being monitored at all or did they just follow them for the first and second spring. It's amazing the travel that these fish will do in such little time.

Dom.

RLK
Here is the summarized version of the telemetry study:

Its nice that guys in the know share info. with the rest of us. Thanks