• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Gone8to1248

2nd locator

Gone8to1248

Went to a boat show today and deceided what my 2nd locator on the bow of the new boat will be. I'm having a new for 2009 Humminbird 788c Combo linked to the 997c on the console. The only thing left now is getting it propped up the way I want it. Can't think of anything else that needs to be on the boat.

gone8to1248

GC 54

I would think that someone onboard who knows how to fish will help. JK Bernie, lol

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Gone8to1248

Your right George, but the only problem is I don't know anybody up there that fits the bill! :P I may not be able to catch em! But I'll sure be able to find em! B) I took your advise and went with a bigger screen so I could see it easier in my old age and it's in color also.

Bernie

NWO Fishing Bum

Sounds like a great set-up Bernie!

NWO Fishing Bum

Bear

I was just reviewing the results from the SFBC.....Bernie where did we finish??

Oh yeah just ahead of GC54............

BB

GC 54

had a bad partner! lol

actually he was a great partner! doing it again this fall together.

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

GC 54

But Bruce you can't fish out of two boats at once!

Gone8to1248

yeah your right

Bear, last year George did finish behinds. This year he finish even farther back now that we will be in seperate boats! Sorry George there is nothing for 6th place! :lol: We'll just have to see who I partner up with before then!

Bill Arnott
Went to a boat show today and deceided what my 2nd locator on the bow of the new boat will be. I'm having a new for 2009 Humminbird 788c Combo linked to the 997c on the console. The only thing left now is getting it propped up the way I want it. Can't think of anything else that needs to be on the boat.

gone8to1248

Sounds sweet Bernie!!!

Since you can't think of anything else :rolleyes: I will suggest a RAM mount on the bow unit to elevate it & increase adjustability of the angle on the screen. :D

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Bear
Sounds sweet Bernie!!!

Since you can't think of anything else :rolleyes: I will suggest a RAM mount on the bow unit to elevate it & increase adjustability of the angle on the screen. :D

>Bill

You are so right Bill. Flexibility is important.

BB

GC 54

Hey Bernie, I highly respect both Bill and Bruce as well as yourself, but you have to get those guys to think a little deeper. I am sure your post meant that you still had to figure which propellor would best suit your needs. You have to think outside of the tackle box sometimes. lol

Gone8to1248

JESUS!! One of you telling me I need a bigger screen to be able to see it and 2 of you saying I need a Flexable Ram Mount now to be able to raise it closer for me to see it! Fella's I'm OLD not BLIND!! :P You are startting to make it sound like by the time the Fall Smallmouth Tournament rolls around they will have to wheel me to my boat in a wheel chair and partner me up with a seeing eye dog! :lol: Hell by the time the AYA gets here you'll have me using a walker!

The prop thing has my brain about fried from reading up on them and all the different things that can affect how they perform. Well in a few weeks we will take care of that problem!

Bernie

I am really looking forward to the fall tournament and to be able to fish against you all this time without Bear having to carry me! Just keep in mind I did have a great teacher! Now can the pupil beat the teacher?

Bear

Bernie

As long as that dog can cast and net fish, what the heck.......

I didnt carry you at all, we fished as a team and prospered...hopefully you picked up a couple of tips that can get you in the $$$. I look forward to the season asd the challenges ahead. We will get a day sometime this summer and give you some of the new techniques that are hot, hot, hot. With the way you have equipped the new boat I am sure they will help you land some lunkers.

By the way a lot of guys wish they had a flexible ram mount if you know what I mean.

Come on spring.

Bear

Guest fishinbuddy

You Tell Them Bernie!!!!! Im sure youll do just fine. The set up that you have sounds great. I dont think the ram mount was a poke at you because they are great for all of us young, old and in between. Im ROOTIN for you in both the AYA and the SSS. Good Luck!!!!

Fishinbuddy

Bill Arnott
JESUS!! One of you telling me I need a bigger screen to be able to see it and 2 of you saying I need a Flexable Ram Mount now to be able to raise it closer for me to see it! Fella's I'm OLD not BLIND!! :P You are startting to make it sound like by the time the Fall Smallmouth Tournament rolls around they will have to wheel me to my boat in a wheel chair and partner me up with a seeing eye dog! :lol: Hell by the time the AYA gets here you'll have me using a walker!

The prop thing has my brain about fried from reading up on them and all the different things that can affect how they perform. Well in a few weeks we will take care of that problem!

Bernie

I am really looking forward to the fall tournament and to be able to fish against you all this time without Bear having to carry me! Just keep in mind I did have a great teacher! Now can the pupil beat the teacher?

No shots from here Bernie. I've got both units on my boat on RAM's and I love them.

:D >Bill

GC 54

I have 3 Humminbirds on board and all are mounted on RAMS, can't beat a good RAM.

Gone8to1248

I hope you all know I was only kiding with you about the Ram Mount. I appreciate all the help I'm getting from all the members on the board here seeing that my new boat is all set-up right before I bring it home. The idea of adding the ram mount on the bow is a good one and will have it done when they put on the bow locator. I just hope you all are forgiving when the "BASS KICKER" comes rolling into town! Thats the boats name! :lol::lol: getting a little cocky here!! :P

Bernie

And once again thanks to all of you.

Bear

It's all in fun Bernie no offence given or taken.

BB

Gone8to1248

Well I took Bill,Bruce and Georges advice and got some RAM MOUNTS on the boat. The one on the bow will be mounted to let me swing the locator down to the front casting deck while I'm running down the lake. I also am having a specail Ram Mount Support added to the trolling motor shaft to make it ridget while driving around the lake and being trailered down the road. There will be an onboard charging system installed so that I can just plug it in and charge up all my batteries at once. There are also rod holder plates being mounted in the railing around the boat so I can just plug in the rod holders and troll along. I'm still finding some other odds and ends to add to the boat for making things easier and keeping stuff out of the way like mounted tool holders and such. I also had a trim gauge added to the dashboard.

Once it's all set-up it will be taken out and have a custom cover made for it, for while I'm towing it. The prop on it now is at 13x17P Aluminum Prop. Once I get it on the water I have some other ones to play around with to see what will be best on the boat now with all the added weight. I will carry at least 1 stainless steel prop with me for use on waters that I know.. Can anyone think of anything else that I might be missing?

Gone8to1248

Bill Arnott

Flush mount rod holders are the best. A little more work to mount but are out of the way when not in use. Can't wait to see this rig Bernie. :wacko:

>Bill

Castnblast
Well I took Bill,Bruce and Georges advice and got some RAM MOUNTS on the boat. The one on the bow will be mounted to let me swing the locator down to the front casting deck while I'm running down the lake. I also am having a specail Ram Mount Support added to the trolling motor shaft to make it ridget while driving around the lake and being trailered down the road. There will be an onboard charging system installed so that I can just plug it in and charge up all my batteries at once. There are also rod holder plates being mounted in the railing around the boat so I can just plug in the rod holders and troll along. I'm still finding some other odds and ends to add to the boat for making things easier and keeping stuff out of the way like mounted tool holders and such. I also had a trim gauge added to the dashboard.

Once it's all set-up it will be taken out and have a custom cover made for it, for while I'm towing it. The prop on it now is at 13x17P Aluminum Prop. Once I get it on the water I have some other ones to play around with to see what will be best on the boat now with all the added weight. I will carry at least 1 stainless steel prop with me for use on waters that I know.. Can anyone think of anything else that I might be missing?

Gone8to1248

Hey Bernie, maybe you need one more locator. Hell, George has 3! lol

...sounds like you are having fun rigging the new ride.

Gone8to1248

Flush mount rod holders are the best. A little more work to mount but are out of the way when not in use. Can't wait to see this rig Bernie. :wacko:

>Bill

The one being installed are the flush mount ones. When not in use they are pulled out and stored away and the hole is plugged.

Bernie

Gone8to1248

Jeff

George needs 3 locators! He is old and blind and can't see his big one from the back of the boat! Maybe that is the reason he can't catch any fish also! LOL joking there George!

Bernie

Bottom Bouncer

Bernie I installed some collapsible drink holders in the boat. I have 3 son's and one on the way and they like there drinks and snacks as most of use do. The kind about the size of a cigarette package. Also maybe a anchor grommet the kind you wind the rope through :)

REELBAIT

Castnblast

Jeff

George needs 3 locators! He is old and blind and can't see his big one from the back of the boat! Maybe that is the reason he can't catch any fish also! LOL joking there George!

Bernie

I hear ya Bernie. George may be 1/2 blind but he's not stupid. Word on the street is has a 4th and final unit on order.This one clips to the brim of his hat and flips down on demand with a shake of his head. :rolleyes: Keep an eye on em George!