• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest TerryK

Opposition to the Green Energy Act

Guest TerryK

"To all members of the North Shore Steelhead Association

I am extremely concerned about the "Streamlined Approval Process" of the GEA. In NO WAY should other environmental issues (fisheries, groundwater protections, natural stream flows) be superceded by low volume waterpower interests.

The current EA process has been exposed as severely flawed by the Ontario Environment Commissioner. I fear the streamlining process as proposed in the GEA will further erode the necessary environmental oversight for waterpower (and other ) projects in favour of questionable economic gains. This ACT seems to be an attempt to trample reasoned due dilligence and ramrod projects in

environmentally sensitive areas where public opposition is expected.

So-called "Green Energy" should not be developed unrestrained at the expense of other environmentally significant issues. Before altering or destroying ecosystems in the north, the Government of Ontario needs to MANDATE conservation - by LAW - in the areas of gross consumption in the south.

The Green Energy Act is receiving second reading today, and was posted on the EBR for 30 day public comment period (Feb 24 – March 26). You can view the posting at:

http://www.ebr.gov.on.ca

We urge all our members to submit their comments. ...Do it now!"

Tom Whalley

President NSSA

Guest TerryK

No comments? Anyone look at the site and the details? This is a VERY scary issue. Do it now!

seppi

Oh boy,I had bad feelings when they really started pushing going green on TV,Radio,newspapers and almost in a ram it down your throat attitude !!! I'm one for protecting the enviroment and all but sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for ! Letting one act (government) have full control ,kinda scares me....

Seppi

Guest TerryK

The gist of this act is, that the powers that be will be able to circumvent most, if not all of the environmental studies and precautions prior to rubber stamping new projects that could adversely effect rivers, streams, lakes, forests etc.

Time is running out to voice your concern!! Do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!