• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Specks

Was hoping to get out soon for some specks. Was wondering if anyone could give me a hand as to where has been producing. Any place within 1 1/2 hours out of town would be fine. Much appreciated.

Brodie K.

Guest TerryK
Was hoping to get out soon for some specks. Was wondering if anyone could give me a hand as to where has been producing. Any place within 1 1/2 hours out of town would be fine. Much appreciated.

Brodie K.

Yeah, good luck with that Brodie!

canadianyanke

do you have a sled?

Chuck

If you have a snow machine You could try the Laurie lakes located on the other side of Sandstone

You can walk there but it"s a pretty good hike The trail to it is usually well traveled

Tartan lake located on the Escape road has a good population

Caribou lake located in Pearl is usually a good bet caught a couple of 5lb specks outa there

Tomlinson located on the Blacksturgeon Rd has alot of specks Just to name a few

Get ahold of the stocking list for Thunder Bay and Nipigon district and it will give you the GPS locations for other lakes that are stocked You'll be surprised as to how many there are

:blink: Chuck

Git "er done

Guest bestbait

Dorian area is loaded with mint stocked lakes. They do get hit but still produce. Just take note as some of the stocked lakes are only open to fishing when natural specks are open. Caribou lake is probably the best bet. Not sure if it's plowed this year but you can drive right to the lake. Between Caribou and Black lake I figure I have caught 20 or more 5lb fish with a 8 lb 4oz fish last fall from Black. One other guy out there that day also got a 6lb! Black lake is located out by Cloud lake.

Thanks alot for all the tips guys! Very helpful. Ended up at Jessie Lake. No specks, but 3 laketrout. Bonesey caught one around 13-14 lbs, and another one around 8-9 with my third fish being small, about 2 and a half pounds. Had a real nice shore lunch with the smaller one. Over all a great day. Left town around 7 and got back around 7:30. Fish seemed to bite best around 1ish pm. White Tubes were the ticket today.

Brodie K.