• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mnaiman

Golding Lake

Guest mnaiman

Hey, has anyone ever been up to this lake? and if so, what's the best way to get in?

Jayfishin

Tried finding a way into it a few years ago (up the onion lake road) but the trail in was gated as it looks to be private land surrounding it. Never pursued it after that. Maybe someone else knows how about access though.

Jay

CaddisMan

The last time I went was 8 years ago. We used to fish it almost weekly. There wasn't a gate there years back. Used to drive up Onion Lake Road to access the lake. As you get onto the lake, head straight across to an old beaver damn or to the islands. Haven't fished anywhere else.

Guest mnaiman

thanks for the advice, might have to bushwack for a while, or knock on some doors

Guest TerryK

Now I would check on this, but it used to be crown land at the end of that short road. One of the home owners these was putting up bogus no trespassing signs to keep people out for some reason. (the lake used to be stocked regularly but I'm not sure if it still is.) Like I said, I would check land ownership first.

idealteak

What is the best way to check if property is Crown land? If you ask the local land owners and they are putting up bogus "no trespassing" signs and gates, won't they just tell you that it is their property anyway? I like to respect peoples property but I think that a lot of people just put signs up to keep it for themselves.

Albert

Thefishleclair

I work with the Guy who owns the Property on the Corner, I ask him how the traffic is. He has been open to people going up his drive way But I gues there is one other land owner there whom dont

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest TerryK
What is the best way to check if property is Crown land? If you ask the local land owners and they are putting up bogus "no trespassing" signs and gates, won't they just tell you that it is their property anyway? I like to respect peoples property but I think that a lot of people just put signs up to keep it for themselves.

Albert

Exactly. It happens a lot, like the bogus no parking signs at the mouth of the MacKenzie River.

CaddisMan

Those signs are FAKE???? I had one of the cottage owners come over and say he'll call a tow truck if I park there, so I went way up the road and walked back down. :angry2:

Guest bestbait

This is one of my favorite speck lakes!!! I have been fishing this lake for over 12 years. When I first started fishing it was very common to catch a limit of 11/2 pounders in less than an hour. I have also caught several 5lb+ fish over the years. When it comes to ice fishing however I have only caught 2 fish over the past 100 times out there. I don't ice fish her anymore. The way in I've always taken is as follows. Head towards Onion Lake. Take a left on Golding drive and head to the end. The road is short and after the last house on the left it continues into a cut. There's a small road on the left take this one. It heads up to a small clearing with the remains of an old cabin and a few junked cars. I usually park there and follow the trail up. The trails ends at the lake and there also is a sign saying golding lake. However I have noticed the sign is usually not there as ppl try and hide this lake. There is a small trail on the left the heads to a rock outcrop. Good fishing on this whole side. Worms or leeches are the bait of choice. If you're ice fishing beware of the center of the lake. This is where most of the springs are and usually the ice is thinner there. Good Luck!

Jayfishin

Thanx for the info 'Bestbait'.

Can we get together to catch some those 5lb fish you seem to catch alot of! LOL

I have fished alot the lakes you mentioned but have not been able to produce those kind of sizes.

Is this in the summer generally?

Cause I usually fish these small specks in the winter only.

Jay

Guest TerryK
Those signs are FAKE???? I had one of the cottage owners come over and say he'll call a tow truck if I park there, so I went way up the road and walked back down. :angry2:

I've been parking there for around 30 years and never had a problem, other than a local giving me a hard time once in a while. I just smile and walk away.

Guest bestbait

Hey Jay, what kind of tackle are you using? How deep are you? I use 1/16 oz roundhead jigs or 1/8 oz ponyhead jigs tipped with half a worm. All the hogs I've caught have been in 3 feet or less of water under the ice. If I'm in my portable ice shack you can see the fish swimming around down there. The trick is to get them biting without spookin them with aggressive movements. I also stick with ice fishing the same areas that produce during the summer months.

Jayfishin

Thanx for the tips. I better fish a bit shallower.

I generally try using small jigs (1/8 to 1/16th) with minnows. Have also had some success on swedish pimple style jiggin spoons. I will have to pick up some worms for the next trip out, maybe get a chance to try that soon.

Jay

Castnblast

Last time I fished Golding was hmm 32 years ago. Used worms winter and first thing in the spring. We used to cast onto the ice and pull it off the shelf. The specks would be super shallow, and would come in and grab a spinner and worm rig literally at your feet. Pretty cool.