• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Email Scams.

Some Old Guy

Hi All,

I get tonnes of email everyday. I get a lot of spam stuff and people trying to get into accounts.

This one I just got and I can't believe people actually fall for this stuff. Take note, at the end of this email take a look at how they spelled "warm regards" and also note our "governments" email address.

Dear Citizen,

After the last anual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $475.20

From 2009, we process refunds through your VISA / Mastercard Please fill the form below and e-mail it to canada.revenue.agency.org@gmail.com or simply reply it from this curent e-mail !

First Name:

Last Name:

Address:

City:

Province:

Postal Code:

Home Phone Number:

Mother's Maiden Name:

Date of Birth:

Social Insurance Number:

Credit/Debit Card Number:

Expiration date [ MM/YYYY ] :

Card Verification Code:

Card Signature/ATM PIN:

Bank Name:

We are asking for your personal information to ensure we access the correct account, enabling us to provide the tax return.

Internal Revenue Code Section 6105 allows us to request your Social Insurance Number, Credit/Debit Card number, Expiration Date, Cvv Code ( located on the back of your card ) and ATM PIN CODE for use in maintaining and accessing tax return information.

If you do not enter complete and valid information we cannot provide tax return.

Worm Regards,

Canada Revenue Agency

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Patch

Here's one I got the other day. What blows me away is that people actually fall for these things!!

Dear Friend,

How are you doing? My intention of contacting you is to solicit your assistance for a project, which will be mutually beneficial. Though I know my decision to contact you is to a large Extent unconventional, the prevailing circumstances necessitated my Action.

I am Sherifat Abdul From Libya. I am married to Late Dr. Ibrahim Abdul of blessed memory who was an oil explorer in Libya and Kuwait for twelve years before he died in the year 2002. We were married for twelve years without a child. He died after an Auto Crash which lead to Internal Bleeding. We were both devoted Muslims. Since his death I too have been battling with both Cancer and fibroid problems. When my late Husband was alive he made a huge deposit of 10.7 millions US dollars with in One of the Domestic Banks in Ghana. After his Death, Things got tough due to constant Legal and Physical battle with his Family due to the Fact that i wasn't able to have a child during our sourse of marriage.

I decided to Contact you due to my Medical report i got from my Doctor. He told me that I have only six months to live due to cancer problem i have been Battling with for Long though what disturbs me most is my stroke sickness.Having known my condition I have decided to donate this fund to either an organization or individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want this organization or individual to use this money in all sincerity to fund orphanages, widows, etc. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband's relatives are into some radical Organizations and I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an unholy manner.Hence the reasons for this bold decision. I know that after death I will be with God I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health, because of the presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this d

I will issue a letter of authority to the BANK through my lawyer authorizing them that the said fund Have being willed to you and a copy of such authorization will be forwarded to you. I

want you and the community where you reside to always pray for me. My happiness is that I lived a true devoted Muslims worthy ofemulation. I will not stipulate any precise amount to reward you,

as it will have to be on pre-negotiated terms, based on your level of involvement. Any delay in your reply will give room in sourcing for another organization or a devoted Man of God for this same purpose.

Until I hear from you by email, my dreams will rest squarely on your Shoulders.wasalam.

Regards

Sherifat Abdul.

Some Old Guy

Hi Patch,

I get that one in many forms.

Why don't they just say gimme your money.

Also if you are with tbay tel, has anyone been getting requests to update their email account?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Buck 120

Hi Roger, I am with TBAYTEL and I have not received any email requesting an update. Suggest you forward that on to their security.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest TerryK

I just use Shaw's spam filter and I get minimal junk like this.

BTW Nick, those types of email are generated by real people, not bots.