• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Nonus

McIntyre River Report

Guest Nonus

There is like 6 inches of water on top of the snow on the river near the expressway. Hopefully that will start melting the ice underneath it and then she will start flowing.

NWO Fishing Bum

Still fully ice at the LU bridge.....some open pockets at the big second pool down from LU....still a ways to go!

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest Nonus

But it is starting, once I get my huge shipment of napalm I can load up my flame thrower and melt her real good. Suppose to be coolish for next couple days though.

fishman1

yeah, shes a little early yet. but its been a long winter and im looking forward to the spring steelheading myself

NoUseForAName_GW

the mac is a cold river, she takes a little longer than you would expect to get going, at least a week or two from today

Gavin

Guest RAMBO

I went for a walk along the river today. Its starting to break up but its going to take about another 3-4 weeks before its fishable :(

RAMBO

Buck 120

Gonna have to pee in the river to warm up the water and get the steelies movin LOL

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Thefishleclair

Neebing is always open First...Also holds the fish first to...Nuttin like muddy water to soak up the suns rays!!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Chuck

Nipigon River ???? Open from the outlet at Helen to the hydro lines past the marina Buddie gets a salmon and a bow today and had to let another go

I"m at Kama!!!!! fishin for whities,,,dam... Rubber boots???? gotta have "em lotsa water on the ice That"s all I have for now BTW seen at least a dozen seagulls Springs a comm"in

Thats all I have 4 now Chuck :blink:

Git "er done

canadianyanke

I snowshoed into the dam and the pipeline a few days ago and got skunked. I casted everything, spoons, raps, streamers, smelts, spinners jigs but no luck. It was hard to get down close to the water as there was like 3 feet of snow on the banks and you cant really tell if your standing on a rock or on ice, It was alot of fun whippin the lure around though. Cant wait for the ice to melt. Looks like its back to kama for some whities.

Chuck:

Did your friend fish up above or down below in the lower river? I wish I had a light 14 or a 12 to throw in and shoot up the river =(

Guest TerryK
I snowshoed into the dam and the pipeline and got skunked, It was hard to get down close to the water as there was like 3 feet of snow on the banks. Did your friend fish up above or down below in the lower river? I wish I had a light 14 or a 12 to throw in and shoot up the river =(

12 foot boat on the Nipigon? Scary stuff that!

Chuck

My buddie Dan Klatt the friggin river rat caught them just above the breakwall using a 1/4 oz jig fly smelt pattern The bow was about 3lbs and the salmon about 7 didn't get any pics though they don"t look as good with their heads off

Whities at Kama were just bumpin the lures we tried everything small jigs with minnows/ pieces of smelt on jigs/ jigging spoons of every color/plain hooks with minnows nada one

Suppose to be quit gusty today so my wife says I gotta do spring cleaning

Hopefully she meant rods reels and tackle boxes :rolleyes:

Git "er done

canadianyanke
My buddie Dan Klatt the friggin river rat caught them just above the breakwall using a 1/4 oz jig fly smelt pattern The bow was about 3lbs and the salmon about 7 didn't get any pics though they don"t look as good with their heads off

Whities at Kama were just bumpin the lures we tried everything small jigs with minnows/ pieces of smelt on jigs/ jigging spoons of every color/plain hooks with minnows nada one

Suppose to be quit gusty today so my wife says I gotta do spring cleaning

Hopefully she meant rods reels and tackle boxes :rolleyes:

ahh, i thought you would of been talkin about dan. Only guy that has access somewhere to really put a boat in.

Master Baiter

The Kam river is wide open at the James St bridge!!! Flowing hard too!

If your not a Master Baiter, you'll never pull the big one!!

th_logo_teamnosa.jpg th_NSSAlogo.gif

Bottom Bouncer

The McIntyre River is unique in the fact that it's molecular structure is that of City Alpha 5. Also there is a Klingon patrolling the Gamma system of the river. You know how you are (R#@^O). I figure one Proton Torpedo will loosen the rivers sea structure and let all you aliens fish the sea urchin that you so desire. Live Long and Prosper. :lol:

REELBAIT

seppi

Terry you ain't kiddin are ya, I remember an older fella a few years ago coming down under the highway bridge(Nipigon) in his 14 foot and his boat was not touching any water(Nice big chunk of ice) swooped him up !! Oh ya,he was rescued!!!

Here's a pic of the marina in Nipigon as of 04/04/09 6:00pm

Seppi

post-18-1238945100_thumb.jpg

Edited by seppi

Guest RAMBO

Sector 12 is breaking up nicely. I used a phase pistol instead of a torpedo. Worked like a charm. Live long and prosper.

RAMBO

Guest Nonus

I have seen some running water on the mac near the expressway and also near the golf links bridge.

Guest RAMBO

The ice is gone at the bridge on Junot. No Ice and probably no fish. Mind you, its about6-7 feet deep in that pool so there might be a couple over-wintering.... :P

RAMBO

Guest Nonus

I say we attack the river!

/me lets out his battle roar and attacks the ice with full force.

TAKE NO PRISONERS!

Guest RAMBO

YES!!! (Nick grabs bowie knife) Let us wreak havoc.... and unleash the dogs of war... Joins Nonus as they lead an attack on the river.

RAMBO

Guest TerryK

You guys need to get out more. Go for a walk in the park, feed the squirrels, feed the dog, feed the squirrels to the dogs in the park.....do something!

Guest Nonus

I would go gopher shooting but alas no gophers.

I think I will just feed Terry to the squirrels.