• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest JEG67

NMEA 200 and Lowrance...any experts out there ??

Guest JEG67

Hey all,

Just got a HDS7 to replace my old X102C. I want to move the X102C to the front to upgrade my front unit. Does anyone have their units linked with the NMEA system and if so, how is it done ? and what data from the front can actually be seen on the rear unit.

One more question for any one using Lowrance. What's the latest and best map to buy for this area ? (LAC, SHEBANDOWAN, Nipigon area ETC. )

Thanks guys....

Jeff

Abes

I have two LCX27 networked, your best bet would to look on the Lowrance site and it shows a diagram of what parts you'll need. Most if not all the parts would have came with your units. The units share waypoints, but will not share a mapping card. Hotmaps canada is your best bet for mapping, Lac is on there but shebandawan is not on last years card, not sure about this years but probably not. When you set up your network the biggest thing to remember is that the network only needs one power source. One power source to each unit and one to the network backbone.

Abes...

Trevor Zimak

I got a LCX-113cHD (console) network with a LCX-38cHD (bow) I sometime switch them around depending were im fishing. All you need is the proper hardware, which should have came with the units. The big thing is making sure all you t-bars are connected right. Abes covered evrything else. I have mine set so if I punch in a way point at the console, it will automatically save it to the bow unit. The only thing you can't do is run one navionics chip for both units. If you chip is in the console unit, your bow unit will not read it.... it needs its own chip.

I can help you rig it Jeff if needed.