• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dano67

Steelhead Run Timing

Guest Dano67

I've got a question for you steelhead experts on the board. If the fish are just starting to run and people are catching them in the city, how long do you think it takes them to advance up the Kam and into some of the small creeks running into it? A day, a week, or what? I've got a creek meandering through my property that flows into the Kam and it used to hold at least a few rainbow in it year round so I'm interested in fishing for them again during the run. I haven't fished it in at least 15 years and I'm not sure of the timing to see if they made it up that far yet or if there aren't any spawning up it anymore. I realize the only way to find out is to go fish but I was just interested in others thoughts on the subject.

Dan

Guest RAMBO

Water temperature is a good way to know when the fish are running in higher numbers. When the water temperature of the rivers is 41 farenheit or higher.( This can differ from river to river. Some warm faster than others.) There will be the odd fish in the rivers now but no where near as many as there will be when the rivers reach those temps. Hopefully soon.

RAMBO