• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

grumpy

rules

jonnyriabov

Anyone who is remotely interested in fishing the streams in the Bay will find your secret hush hush spot no matter how big of a secret you try to keep it. Besides it’s not like they’re going to come stand right in your boots for goodness sake.

It’s very rare for a Thunder Bay angler to not limit out with any species..... So the fish are plenty.

Anyone who is not willing to disclose the locations they have caught fish are just greedy and afraid of some good old fashion competition.

I always think back to all the wonderful people who shared information with me throughout my life, and how many times they went out of their way to ensure that I caught fish growing up. I will do the same, for anyone, no questions asked. I will take them right to where I usually fish and help them until they are successful.

I will also gladly point anyone to the direction of where I have seen other anglers...(thats all of you) catch fish.

Jonny Riabov

speckmaster

I find it much more satisfying finding my own spots instead of having someone lead me by the hand.

Anyone who is remotely interested in fishing the streams in the Bay will find your secret hush hush spot no matter how big of a secret you try to keep it. Besides it’s not like they’re going to come stand right in your boots for goodness sake.

It’s very rare for a Thunder Bay angler to not limit out with any species..... So the fish are plenty.

Anyone who is not willing to disclose the locations they have caught fish are just greedy and afraid of some good old fashion competition.

I always think back to all the wonderful people who shared information with me throughout my life, and how many times they went out of their way to ensure that I caught fish growing up. I will do the same, for anyone, no questions asked. I will take them right to where I usually fish and help them until they are successful.

I will also gladly point anyone to the direction of where I have seen other anglers...(thats all of you) catch fish.

Jonny Riabov

Guest ratherfishthanwork

I totally agree with not giving out the location or hot spot. Call it greed or whatever you want, seen it too many times. I dont care what species your talking about, tell one person and it spreads like wildfire. Fish the crap out of a lake keep everything you catch and move to another location. I prefer to use the term lake X. Find your own spots.

Bear

Although I live 300 miles from Thunder Bay, I cant beleive it. Are people so protective of the fishing spots, you are not "allowed" to mention where you fish? Please.

I always thought it was the skills of the fisherman or fisherwoman that causght the fish, not always the "spot".

You are so right, the same old BS every year, ho hum. I am so glad no one knows where I walleye, bass or trout fish, except for those other boats that are on the lakes....gotta keep those spots secret.

BB

grumpy

NWO fishing bum you knew before you posted the link to that article that it would have caused these very issues on this site. You have seen it happen every year. So why did you post that article to get everyone pissed off at each other. I surly do not think it was to help this person out. Why did you not provide them with the information via the Private Messenger function like you should have?

The fact of the matter is there are less spots to fish from Thunder Bay to Terrace Bay than 1/10th of all of Lac Des Mille Lac or less of Lac Suel.

The rules are there for a reason, Roger spent a lot of time drafting them to stop bantering like this. I reported what I believed to be an offence to the rules and a moderator quickly recognized that there was a violation and removed the post.

I guess there is nothing better for you to do while you are waiting to go walleye fishing than to start a fight. Next time please use the Private Message system like you are supposed to. Something’s are best kept to yourself, and I personally like to put the leg work in do my own research rather than being lead directly to a fishing spot.

Enough said has everyone read the rules of the site yet.

http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/...?act=boardrules

Guest TerryK

Obviously some of you never bothered to read my last post. I merely explained why things are the way they are, as seen through my eyes of course. Most steelheaders are actually quite generous in showing new or young fisherfolks how to set up gear, baits etc and yes, they even take these people fishing with them on occasion. I've done this myself many times over the last 20+ years so I resent being included in a generalized opinion of being an elitist.

Being in the position I am, I am keeping my opinion of the to post or not to post deal to myself. Roger made the rule because of all the rediculous calls, messages and even threats he got last year.

I have always and will continue to respect his rules.

canadianyanke
The fact of the matter is there are less spots to fish from Thunder Bay to Terrace Bay than 1/10th of all of Lac Des Mille Lac or less of Lac Suel.

lol, you sound pretty selfish. The thing is is that alot of locals from Nipigon/RedRock fish these rivers and its public knowledge, so its not like you have a diamond in the rough. I was driving to jackpine and seen the vehicles and instead of draging my lure around 10 other anglers I drove an extra 5 minutes and came to a different creek and did just as well. There is fish in every tributary from terrace-tbay, so what if there at your favourite pool/creek/river get there first or go somewhere else. Your not limited.

uncle
Seen a school of steelhead (couple looked close to 10 lbs)...........in the second eddy.......beside the large rock that looks like a volkswagon..............4 logs down from the second rapids on the east side........below the bridge.........oh wait, maybe that was above the bridge LMAO

I know the spot you mean but what time of day was it? C'mon RP, help me out here.

Mr. Canoehead

Where to fish? That's the reason I joined this site in the first place! C'mon, it's not like we're in in Southern Onatrio there's room for everyone here. I've never not been able to fish because steelies because of too many anglers. Even when I used to fish Bronte creek and Credit river, near TO, there was room for everyone. If you're so hung up on your favorite pool then maybe you could benefit from being scooped, go explore other pools, riffles, rocks....these rivers are huge. I don't get it.

I went to Mackenzie yesterday, lost a nice one that broke me off. My 2 buddies got nothing. Didn't see any jumping. plenty of elbow room! lol.

speckmaster

Things have changed over the years. With practically everyone having access to the Internet, you never know who's going to show up and read the posts. From the sounds of things, people are willing to take new people out to fish, however they definitely don't want fishing spots posted for anyone to read. I don't even steelhead, but I agree with many of the guys. Some of you are missing the point.

Where to fish? That's the reason I joined this site in the first place! C'mon, it's not like we're in in Southern Onatrio there's room for everyone here. I've never not been able to fish because steelies because of too many anglers. Even when I used to fish Bronte creek and Credit river, near TO, there was room for everyone. If you're so hung up on your favorite pool then maybe you could benefit from being scooped, go explore other pools, riffles, rocks....these rivers are huge. I don't get it.

I went to Mackenzie yesterday, lost a nice one that broke me off. My 2 buddies got nothing. Didn't see any jumping. plenty of elbow room! lol.

Gone8to1248

Posting of trout spots. (Brook and Steelhead) Thunder Bay Fishing does not allow the posting of exact locations for these species anymore. Users may ask for trout spots but the only answer they will get is through a pm from a user who wants to give up a spot. No more posting these spots on the forum for everyone to see. If you want specifics on steelhead email one of the contacts at the North Shore Steelhead Association. Hopefully they may be able to help you out.

• Bashing people because of where they are from, their opinions, religion or whatever is not allowed here.

Listed above are RULES that Roger posted for here on Thunderbayfishing.com He owns the board and therefore HE sets the rules. As a moderator we are here to see that these rules are followed. I deleted NWO Fishing Bums post to fast as it DID NOT violate the rules. The names of rivers are NOT spots they are BODIES of water. A certain bend or tree in the water or certain rock pile or landmark are spots. He did not mention any of that. The rules also say no bashing which includes name calling will not be tolerated such as calling Grumpy an idiot! THAT I deleted. Just because you don't agree with someones views doesn't meem they are wrong and you are right. They only meen you have different view points. So have a nice day out there fishing where ever it might be!

Bernie

Domer
Obviously some of you never bothered to read my last post. I merely explained why things are the way they are, as seen through my eyes of course. Most steelheaders are actually quite generous in showing new or young fisherfolks how to set up gear, baits etc and yes, they even take these people fishing with them on occasion. I've done this myself many times over the last 20+ years so I resent being included in a generalized opinion of being an elitist.

Being in the position I am, I am keeping my opinion of the to post or not to post deal to myself. Roger made the rule because of all the rediculous calls, messages and even threats he got last year.

I have always and will continue to respect his rules.

Terry.

I agree that you should not be included. I met Terry a couple years ago at a meet and greet at the fox and the hound. I expressed to him that I had not fished for steelhead for almost 20 years. He was generous enough to envite me to go with him. I then worked with Terry for a little while and got to know him a little better and realized that if all steelhead fisherman were like him these ridiculous secret spots arguments wouldn't exist. No worries bud. I'm with ya on this one. Oh yeah, I will have to take you up on that offer this year for sure.

Dom.

Domer

Same foolish arguments, every year. I havent seen any blurry backgrounds yet. LOL. Those are my favourites. Yet some of these fish caught in this area end up on other fishing sites as bragging pictures and stories. So you say you don't want locals to find your secret spots so you go ahead and advertise everywhere else. LOL. Cracks me up. I love this site, visit it sometimes 5 times daily. This is what I hate about it the most. We are all here to learn and get information about the thing we love the most next to sex for some better than sex. Anybody ever want any speckle trout spots or walleye spots ask me and I will help out however I can even give out the " SECRET SPOT". I hope all the members who have kids don't get deterred from coming to this site as without all our members we have nothing. Keep your kids interested in fishing. Its too bad some of the people on this site forgot what makes this world go round. Take your secret spots, store them in your tackle box, turn it sideways, and STICK IT UP YOUR mule!

Dom.

Guest gqsportz

Posting of trout spots. (Brook and Steelhead) Thunder Bay Fishing does not allow the posting of exact locations for these species anymore. Users may ask for trout spots but the only answer they will get is through a pm from a user who wants to give up a spot. No more posting these spots on the forum for everyone to see. If you want specifics on steelhead email one of the contacts at the North Shore Steelhead Association. Hopefully they may be able to help you out.

• Bashing people because of where they are from, their opinions, religion or whatever is not allowed here.

Listed above are RULES that Roger posted for here on Thunderbayfishing.com He owns the board and therefore HE sets the rules. As a moderator we are here to see that these rules are followed. I deleted NWO Fishing Bums post to fast as it DID NOT violate the rules. The names of rivers are NOT spots they are BODIES of water. A certain bend or tree in the water or certain rock pile or landmark are spots. He did not mention any of that. The rules also say no bashing which includes name calling will not be tolerated such as calling Grumpy an idiot! THAT I deleted. Just because you don't agree with someones views doesn't meem they are wrong and you are right. They only meen you have different view points. So have a nice day out there fishing where ever it might be!

Bernie

[/quot

i did not call grumpy a idoit read before you bark

as for spots ask me i'll tell you where to get the fish(steelhead)

shmanks
Same foolish arguments, every year. I havent seen any blurry backgrounds yet. LOL. Those are my favourites. Yet some of these fish caught in this area end up on other fishing sites as bragging pictures and stories. So you say you don't want locals to find your secret spots so you go ahead and advertise everywhere else. LOL. Cracks me up. I love this site, visit it sometimes 5 times daily. This is what I hate about it the most. We are all here to learn and get information about the thing we love the most next to sex for some better than sex. Anybody ever want any speckle trout spots or walleye spots ask me and I will help out however I can even give out the " SECRET SPOT". I hope all the members who have kids don't get deterred from coming to this site as without all our members we have nothing. Keep your kids interested in fishing. Its too bad some of the people on this site forgot what makes this world go round. Take your secret spots, store them in your tackle box, turn it sideways, and STICK IT UP YOUR mule!

Dom.

dommer id love a good walleye or speck spot :D

but i can understand people wanting to protect their spots if they want to share them then share them through a pm

Resource Pimp

STORM IS BREWING

post-503-1241400091_thumb.jpg

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Guest BannedCore

I went through this last year when I posted about catching Brookies on the Nipigon River system. Ohhhh big secret let out of the bag. It is pure GREED and SELFISHNESS if anyone wants to get steelhead pm me and I will tell you some hot spots.

P.S If you are afraid that people will be at your HOT spots get up early and be there before anyone else, bring some buddy's and guard the spot, bring bats or guns and scare away the unwanted intruders to your secret hot spots.

grumpy

Posting that article is just wrong it listed every river and how to access from here to sault. I once saw it printed and on the front seat of a truck parked in a far away place. What got me to look at the truck was a crow jumping in and out of the box. In the box there was a gutted hen the crow was having a meal. The fishaman got some roe the crow got feed.

What a waste.

Guest fish_on

Bernie

Repost NWO post, lets see what the big deal is here? If he did not violate a rule one would think it is fair to put it back. Just my 2 cents.

grumpy

Every access point from here to the sault is mention in the article. I am sure lots would like to have it back up.

GC 54

Lets talk again about why the MNR should not change the bass regulations, forget about the steelhead till after the season and then post and brag all you want.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Gone8to1248
Repost NWO post, lets see what the big deal is here? If he did not violate a rule one would think it is fair to put it back. Just my 2 cents.

I tried to and can't find it.

Bottom Bouncer
Lets talk again about why the MNR should not change the bass regulations, forget about the steelhead till after the season and then post and brag all you want.
Welcome back GC54 hope you had a good trip. :)

REELBAIT

Trevor Zimak

lol....

Guest fish_on
Every access point from here to the sault is mention in the article. I am sure lots would like to have it back up.

But if his post did not violate any rules here, then why not repost? Anyways NWO, repost your article when you get a chance, since the mod's made a mistake in erasing it.